Coming for Siggraph 2005 from Nevercenter...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #16
Originally Posted by jamchild: This is probably more along the lines of what we're doing - you could still use zbrush for super fine detailing (like pores) and for painting textures, but anything up to that point, blocking out shapes and painting higher-res details and wrinkles on the subdivided surface of a lower-res control mesh, you could do in Silo, in a more direct 3D workflow and interface (for example being able to have more than one object in 3D at a time), alongside all the traditional poly modeling tools already in Silo. It'd save a lot of the back-and-forth some people currently do between the two apps. Instead of something like Silo->Zbrush->Silo->Zbrush->Maya that many people are doing now, it'd be Silo->Zbrush->Maya or just Silo->Maya (if you don't need to paint on details like pores).

This is very cool! Especially having multiple objects to work with at one time.

Old 06 June 2005   #17
I'm starting to see where this is heading now, I gotta say, bring it on...

Old 06 June 2005   #18
The Nevercenter guys freaking ROCK!!!

Author, LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks
My NewTek Profile

Old 06 June 2005   #19
Yes that sounds very interesting! I am curious of the uv mapping toolset, hoping it is also in the Silo tradition of simply power.

Old 06 June 2005   #20
when you say texture mapping tools what do you mean?? Will it be a full set of tools or just for blocking out.

Old 06 June 2005   #21
any word on if these tools will be in a 1.5 relearse or will silo be going version 2

Old 06 June 2005   #22
Another site had this update listed as 1.42

Whether that's accurate or not? /shrug

Old 06 June 2005   #23
As I understood it 1.42 is a just a bugfixing update with no new functions added, they said over a silo3d that they release it before siggraph.

Old 06 June 2005   #24
Man, this is so tempting... I've got some thinking to do.

George

Old 06 June 2005   #25
Mr. Jamchild,

Or anyone else that might have input on this. Have you ever seen Zack Petroc's Anatomy dvd done in zbrush?

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/zpe01.html

He doesn't go through the super detail stuff like pores and stuff like that, but instead uses zbrush to sculpt the human anatomy. It looks like what you will be implementing into Silo could do this? Will I be able to use a wacom and have pressure sensitive options to paint/sculpt like how Zack used zbrush to do his anatomy dvd?

Can't wait to see what you have in store for Silo come Siggraph.

Thanks,
George

Old 06 June 2005   #26
"Can't wait to see what you have in store for Silo come Siggraph."

Well you might have to lol! You can't really expect Nevercenter to spill ALL the beans and have nothing left for Siggraph can you?

My guess is yes, you will be able to work like that. Nevercenter have already said you can wrinkles and so on and that's plenty of resolution for sculpting! Silo currently works very well with a Wacom so I doubt they will overlook the possibilities of pressure sensitivity.

This is pure speculation though! - Baz

Last edited by BazC : 06 June 2005 at 07:21 PM. Reason: second thoughts!

Old 06 June 2005   #27
Bump, Bump, Bump.

Any new screenshots of the displacement brush work on a model would be most appreciated, like wrinkles or fine detailing .
Please just a few more sir.

Thanks

Old 06 June 2005   #28
super !!! it just gets better and better ...

Old 07 July 2005   #29
Looking forward to see you there!

Old 07 July 2005   #30
Question

Also , talking about finding the Silo ppl. on the exibition floor, why not a meeting somewhere, I am not sugesting renting a ballroom, but more like a gathering in some restaurant or hotel lobby or cafe place, close to the Convention Center?

Thread Closed share thread