A few more questions :)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #1
A few more questions :)

Silo Rocks ,

But how do i do the following.

1) There doesnt seem to be a lasso selection tool so how can i merge vertices lieing at the some co-ordinates
2) Is their a way to display the number of selected faces, edges, vertices etc on the screen

Thanks again
Mark

Old 06 June 2005   #2
Originally Posted by Raster: Silo Rocks ,

But how do i do the following.

1) There doesnt seem to be a lasso selection tool so how can i merge vertices lieing at the some co-ordinates
2) Is their a way to display the number of selected faces, edges, vertices etc on the screen

Thanks again
Mark

1.) I don't think you can merge verts lying on top of each other. In all my attempts I've found that you must move either the top or bottom vert out then merge them together.

2.) Again I don't think there is a way to display a poly/vert/face count. That's on of the first thing's I looked for and I couldn't find one.

Maybe nevercenter will integrate these features in the future?

Old 06 June 2005   #3
1) Area select (alt a)

2) Scene information (display>scene info)

Old 06 June 2005   #4
1) select your verts and choose merge verts. If you open merge verts options (the three dots in the menu) you can contol the tolerence for merging. if you set it low (say 0.0001) and choose merge verts any verts within that distance from each other will be merged.

If you want to merge just two overlaying verts, you might need to use mmb to make sure the lower one is selected.

I believe lasso selection will be in there pretty soon.

2) As BazC said - and also check the plugins here http://uk.geocities.com/flexinoodle/.
There's a couple that overlay selection info on the viewport.

Old 06 June 2005   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread