Again, Silo UV mapping !

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

03 March 2018
Nice one matty! I totally overlooked that.

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Boone: Nice one matty! I totally overlooked that.

You and me both!

You're welcome

03 March 2018
The option to Arrange UVs in bounds does work with multiple items selected but it may not be the best option.

First image is the parts as they are arranged manually from a larger UV map. Second image is the result of the Arrange in bound options is used

03 March 2018
Also just noticed that if you have UV thats warped when it unwraps, just use the "Recreate UVs > Using LSCM Unwrapping" and it evens out correctly.

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by mattymanx: In Silo's UVs/Materials menu, near the bottom there are 3 wonderful options:

- Arrange UVs In Bounds
- Scale UVs To Bounds
- Scale UVs Proportionally

They will help make life easier, especially the third one.

I just found these today myself. Why I never saw them before I dont know...

ps, I also see Im a little slow on the conversation about said tools. None the less, you can still use the options to quickly scale the islands for a piece to match and then manually eyeball it. I hve been manually eyeballing the whole thing so ... again...
Yep those tools are there. If you've seen in the images I also said about scaled to uv bounds, and arrange .

The thing is that some of the uv islands appear deformed that's my issue with Silo. I've tried the same thing in blender and in 3d Coat and they do great with one click just unwrap . In Silo, you have to push 3 buttons to pack the tiles and arrange them ( it's ok 3 clicks ) but the unwrapping algorithm has issues .

" 3 Clicks as in Unwrap LSCM then Scale uv proportionally then arrange uvs in bounds "

reply share thread