Silo 2.5 Feedback

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by mattymanx: I can confirm this.  I loaded a file with 900+ parts in it and found I could click on the lock/unlock button, the visability button or the object display mode button and it would not move.  However, click on the name or the other object display mode button, and the whole list jumps right back up to the very top is a flash.

I can confirm this behavior as well on the most recent build, exactly how @mattymanx described it.

01 January 2018
2.5.2 is out and it's really really good! Thank you Nevercenter <3

-Added support for loading/saving of materials and textures in FBX.
-Added a combined Diffuse and Ambient color picker to the Material Editor (to save time when setting both fields to the same color).
-Fixed Save Selected Objects to only save selected objects in FBX.
-Fixed Save Selected Objects to only save out relevant materials in all file formats.
-Fixed an issue with Revert to Autosave filenames.
-Fixed scrolling and selection bugs within the Scene Editor.
-Updated Scene Editor to open expanded by default.
-Updated Load Into Scene to select and highlight newly-added objects.

http://nevercenter.com/silo/release_notes/

01 January 2018
Happy to see Silo Updated again .  Maybe in the next update we can get " specify a smoothing angle for the crease edge feature ? "

01 January 2018
Fantastic update, thank you!

01 January 2018
Is there a way to do incremental, rotation, from 15 to 15 degrees like in Maya or Modo ?  Maybe something like this can we get in the next update if it's not in already  .

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by Giakaama7: Is there a way to do incremental, rotation, from 15 to 15 degrees like in Maya or Modo ?  Maybe something like this can we get in the next update if it's not in already  .

The rotation handles on the snapping manipulator rotate in 15 degree increments. You can set specific angles in the snapping manipulator options. 

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by Cinnsealach: The rotation handles on the snapping manipulator rotate in 15 degree increments. You can set specific angles in the snapping manipulator options. 
Great never knew about that one  ! Thx

01 January 2018
Originally Posted by iron-bear-xl: I'd like an option menu for combine objects (create > combine objects)

Specifically an option to not center the pivot when combining objects, which would lead to  friendlier interaction with instances (still one of those Silo powerhouse features).
Because If the pivot on the source model is changed, the instance loses it's position.
I wanted to clarify this so I made a small pic, hope it makes more sense now.

02 February 2018
Could we get some preview rendering in Silo like in Zbrush ? With GPU, I think it's very easy with nVidia which supplies all libraries for GPU render. No need for shaders of fancy stuff but simple GPU render would be great.

02 February 2018
Also i see that Rocket 3F (Nvil) latest update adds matcap support. Not that big of a deal, but makes the modeling process fancier and more enjoyable :P

Last edited by outburner : 02 February 2018 at 10:17 AM.

02 February 2018
Will the custom placement of buttons by hand  be back? I miss it. You didn't have to remove it, just bring it back. It's compatible with what has been done I think.

03 March 2018
We got a report in that Silo doesn't play well with file paths including an em dash (long dash)—this was for a Windows system, opening/saving files.Any other "nonstandard" file characters you've noticed issues with? (We'll do tests, but if there are specific ones you've run into issues with, we'd love to hear about them.) Please let us know character(s) and OS you are running. This probably won't be fixed in this very next release (coming in a day or two) but should be fixed in the next one.p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #1d2129}
span.s1 {letter-spacing: 0.0px}

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by jordirc: Will the custom placement of buttons by hand  be back? I miss it. You didn't have to remove it, just bring it back. It's compatible with what has been done I think.

We've had several requests for this--unfortunately, a rewrite of how that system works means it's not as simple as just turning it back on, but we will take a look and see what that same level of customization would take.

(As a workaround, you can use an older version of Silo *with* the custom placement to design the button setup you want and then open that custom setup in the newer version of Silo)

03 March 2018
Originally Posted by iron-bear-xl: I wanted to clarify this so I made a small pic, hope it makes more sense now.

Oh, this is an interesting idea--we'll take a look.

03 March 2018
Also, I realize now that there are many good ideas in here and it will probably be annoying if I go through and reply to each one. (Sorry, we hit a communications snag for a bit and got off track visiting here regularly.) So what I *will* do is make a list of all of them and bring them to our next Silo dev discussion.  Thanks so much for the ongoing suggestions!

-Presque

reply share thread