2.5 Released!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by Palantion: How long does the $99 dollar launch sale last ?

Ha. A trickier question to answer than you might think. I don't want to post an "official" timeline here because that's somewhat TBD and could change (and I'm not in charge of that decision), but it will probably last for at least a week more, depending on response/how things are going. Our launch sales usually last a few weeks.

-Presque

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by RRRambo: You didn't learn anything did you ? How about you don't look into it but admit it was bad idea and remove it. Kill your ego and stop being drama queens. Shit, I'm too old for this 'power games'.

Hi RRambo,

Sorry, I'm really not trying any sort of power game. :( Maybe my words indicated something I didn't mean. I was trying to indicate the direction we were looking into fixing this for you, not that we were considering whether or not your feedback was important. It is important! And we value it.

One reason we added that popup feature in is because some users were struggling to realize that usage errors were happening--they simply weren't seeing the discreet error messages down in the activity bar. This led to frustrated people writing in to support, not understanding what was going on. So now this subset of users definitely understands what error is happening, and we're hoping this will help relieve their frustration.

That said, it's clear that the popups are annoying and unwanted for another subset of Silo users. We totally get that and want Silo to be useful and have the flow/speed it used to. We want to fix this.

So, while one option would just be to turn it off, it would be nice if we could have both options available, possibly via Preferences setting. Since we haven't done that before, I didn't want to promise we could make that happen. Maybe we will just revert to no popups. But I can say that we are working now to find a solution that will work for everyone.

Hope this helps clarify!

-Presque

08 August 2017
Originally Posted by makit3d: Will there be any chance of including the option for plugins?

Hm. Plugin support is something that we haven't looked at in a long time. I want to answer this but am not sure where our current plans our at--let me run it by the team and get back to you.

09 September 2017
I logged into Steam today and saw that Silo was on the list of applications downloading updates and was like, wait a minute, what? What??

I'm delighted you folks are returning your attention to Silo because I love it to bits. If you decide to do like a Patreon or set up an Allegorithmic-style monthly subscription model to fund continued development, I'm there in a heartbeat. Can't wait to see what you do with the program next.

09 September 2017
No to subscription models. Keep it as a paid app.
With some more tools, this could be quite a good app to have around.
People will buy it if they see it's going in the right direction.

09 September 2017
Not a fan of subscription either. Would rather NOT see it go that way.

Question to Nevercenter folk...

Will it be possible to integrate OpenSubDiv from Pixar?

Thank you

09 September 2017
I won't pay for subcriptioneither.

@rootsworks, what's up with your whiteknighting ? They give some minor updates and you are ready throw cash ? That's bad attitude. We will pay if it's worth to pay. If you are willing so easy to party with your money just donate them cash.

09 September 2017
Haha, calm down dude. "I like this and I'll gladly pay for more of it" isn't a controversial statement, and I definitely didn't say anything that sounded like "hey everybody should be forced to pay for a subscription model," so I don't know why you're beefing.

reply share thread