Silo 2.3.1 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

01 January 2015
Solved my issue, in the Nvidia OpenGL settings I had "Sync to VBlank" turned on. Turning it off makes all the difference.

Originally Posted by JGrimes: New Linux user of Silo, but having issues. :( I posted on the 3.2 thread the same issue, so I thought I would use another Linux distro but the problem persists. I'm now running Linux Mint 17.1 and the interface is really slow and lags a lot. It has nothing to do with poly counts, but must be my hardware for some reason.

I can try to rotate an empty scene (no objects) and if I move the mouse too fast the program can't keep up. I can stop moving the mouse and the grid is still catching up to my mouse movements. I have the same issue with the lasso select, any of the manipulators, etc. Even the rectangle select is slow. This makes it very difficult to use the program. The only way I can get it to behave is if I move the mouse really slow. Any ideas on what it might be?

My system stats:

Linux Mint 17.1 X64
AMD 1055T 2.8GH hex core processor
8 Gb ram
Nvidia GTX460 2Gb- this is used for dual displays 1920x1080
Nvidia GTX980 4Gb- used for CUDA GPGPU
Rat7 mouse

Any other information you need let me know. Thanks,

jason

01 January 2015
Any news on the Steam version Mike?

01 January 2015
Not yet, but I'll apply some pressure to so that the builds for Steam are not forgotten.

01 January 2015
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Not yet, but I'll apply some pressure to so that the builds for Steam are not forgotten.

Cool. Thanks Mike

03 March 2015
encrypted certificate after install

After I installed the update I kept getting a message to back up my encrypted certificate. Never seen that before, so I uninstall it.

Edited:
The update created the folders Silo\2.3-x64 in my documents folder. The files in the 2.3-x64 folder are all encrypted. This folder wasn't removed when I uninstalled.

Last edited by bisenberger : 03 March 2015 at 11:58 AM.

03 March 2015
Update to SILO 2.3.1 from Silo 2.2 for Mac OSx

Hi: I own Silo 2.2 for Mac. Do I need to repurchase (and pay again) for the update to 2.3.1? Will my current license activate the update?

Thanks,

03 March 2015
Originally Posted by ron95: Hi: I own Silo 2.2 for Mac. Do I need to repurchase (and pay again) for the update to 2.3.1? Will my current license activate the update?

Thanks,

Your current license will activate it.

03 March 2015
Hi, registered user here. I just downloaded the 64 and 32 bit installers from the site, and neither seems to come setup with the default mouse and keyboard hotkeys. No settings presets either. Any idea how to resolve this?

03 March 2015
What operating system?

Assuming windows...

Silo data is stored in c:\users\username\documents\Silo\2.3-x64 (for 64bit windows)

There is a zip file called SDcopy in the Silo installation folder. Extract the contents to the above location; see if that works.

I'm not sure why the installation has not done that for you but I have a vague recollection of non-English characters in windows user names
causing issues in the past.

04 April 2015
Mike,it would be great if you could add GoZ Zbrush <> Silo bridge.

04 April 2015
Silo combined with Zmodeler would complement each other nicely!

04 April 2015
Silo <> GoZ

Originally Posted by iron-bear-xl: Silo combined with Zmodeler would complement each other nicely!

Here! Here! I'd be all for that!!!

04 April 2015
Eias Fact .fac

I see that you still show .fac export as a feature.

I have not been able to export a fact from silo3d that will open properly in EIAS9.

Refine Control Mesh used to be the catch. I've tried that. Nada.

I remember that you have been promising to fix .fac export soon for years so the problem must be at my end.

Please let me know the secret.

Thank you.

Michael Morris

a silo3d user & fan

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by sphaera: I see that you still show .fac export as a feature.

I have not been able to export a fact from silo3d that will open properly in EIAS9.

Refine Control Mesh used to be the catch. I've tried that. Nada.

I remember that you have been promising to fix .fac export soon for years so the problem must be at my end.

Please let me know the secret.

Thank you.

Michael Morris

a silo3d user & fan

There's no secret, it's a known issue. I've got it on my list to tackle, and I've been in contact with a member of the EIAS team as well. I just haven't had time to do the bug justice and get it fixed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

04 April 2015
And I apologize for not reading all the way to the bottom of the release note.

I really prefer the direct silo3d to FAC.

Thank you.

Michael Morris

reply share thread