reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 12-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #31
John Keates
Fiddler

john keates
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnsealach
@ mikefarny: Maybe a couple of threads should be added for feature requests/fixes and bug reporting to keep things easy to track.

I agree, I would like to have somewhere to make a few suggestions. There are a few tiny changes which would make a big difference. Seems like now would be a good time...

Old 12-31-2014, 05:47 AM   #32
mikefarny
PRO
portfolio

Quote:
I am getting a display error when moving position with the snapping manipulator (64bit version, win Vista).

The grid and manipulator vanish, and the distance display is offset from the object by quite a distance.

I reproduced this on linux even, so I'll have a fix for the next release. Thanks for the report.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #33
mikefarny
PRO
portfolio

Quote:
In Silo 1x there was an option to adjust the size of the manipulator (Display Settings: Manipulator Size) that doesn't appear to be in Silo 2x.

My display is 2560x1440 and I'm finding the manipulator to be a little small. It would be handy if that option could be put back in, or has it moved and I can't find it?

There are few 1.4 features that never made it to the 2 cycle. Partial subdivide being the most glaring.

@ mikefarny: Maybe a couple of threads should be added for feature requests/fixes and bug reporting to keep things easy to track.

One feature that needs a fix (since Silo 1!) is copy and paste. When you copy an object, then move the original to a new position, I don't think it unreasonable to expect the pasted copy to occupy the original location :]

Added internal reports for most of these issues, so I don't forget. Thanks!

Old 12-31-2014, 09:58 AM   #34
outburner
psy cop

portfolio
clandestine studio
Crescent Island, Cuba

Quote:
The arrows appear correct for me.

Interesting, i have both silos open right now and the arrows are different (but only the cone shapes, not the cubes).

Last edited by outburner : 12-31-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #35
mikefarny
PRO
portfolio

By the way, to change the manipulator size, go to Selection (menu) -> Manipulator Tool and hit the 'opt' next to the submenu indicator. In there is a way to change the size and offset of the manipulator parts. So, it's in the newer Silo, just in a little different place.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:47 PM   #36
mikefarny
PRO
portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by outburner
Interesting, i have both silos open right now and the arrows are different (but only the cone shapes, not the cubes).

I recently changed the display of those, so I'll take a look and see if I can repro the inside-out behavior. It's possible there's a winding order issue on the polygons on the arrows.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #37
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefarny
By the way, to change the manipulator size, go to Selection (menu) -> Manipulator Tool and hit the 'opt' next to the submenu indicator. In there is a way to change the size and offset of the manipulator parts. So, it's in the newer Silo, just in a little different place.

Thanks Mike, I'm sure I looked there :]. It's not the easiest opt to select, the submenus cover it up so you have to shift the mouse around a bit.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #38
John Keates
Fiddler

john keates
United Kingdom

OK, I will start off with three little things that I would love to see tweaked:

>Have an option to get rid of the little blob which appears when doing an extrude. It slows me down and I never use it.

> Local scale works too fast on large objects and too slow on small ones. It is like the maths is over-compensating.

> Local move throws verts all over the place if you do it with a face selection so I have to convert to verts first then it behaves.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:17 PM   #39
outburner
psy cop

portfolio
clandestine studio
Crescent Island, Cuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefarny
I recently changed the display of those, so I'll take a look and see if I can repro the inside-out behavior. It's possible there's a winding order issue on the polygons on the arrows.

Thanks man!
And happy 2015 to everyone!

Old 01-02-2015, 03:33 PM   #40
makit3d
"Title Not Included"

portfolio
Richard Allen
USA

Folders in an archive

[The following post is left behind to teach others that reading is not just a necessity, it's a perishable skill.] (Thanks to Cinnsealach for an always quick assist)

(facetious voice) I finally got around to installing 2.3.1 and I have to wonder what bright idea it was to create a .zip archive of half the internal folders instead of having them created at installation? (/facetious voice) ( I also just noticed, for the first time, that the previous version was done the same.)

The Autosaves, Help and 3 others were in an archive named SDCopy.zip. I spent hours on a project only to have the last couple lost because of a crash. Simply because the Autosaves folder didn't exist my work wasn't being periodically saved for just such an issue.

I don't need to be told about 'save early, save often'. When you get focused and deep into details the world disappears. Although this is a good lesson to rely less on automatic systems. Still, the archived folders do not make any sense especially since their total size is not even 4mb. And really, there can not be any real substantial reason for it.

I'm not angry or upset about this oddity but do find it unnecessary. I didn't see it posted in this thread but perhaps it was noted somewhere. For those who weren't aware of it you can now say you have been informed.

[This was not a test. If this had been an actual test you would have learned nothing. This was not a test.]

Last edited by makit3d : 01-02-2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: I'm a boob

Old 01-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #41
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella

Your autosaves should be in user/documents/silo2x/autosaves

Silo doesn't write any user data to the installation folder.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #42
makit3d
"Title Not Included"

portfolio
Richard Allen
USA

Bah! I thought I had deleted/canceled that post.

I dug around and discovered it (where the thread information said it was) where it should be and not where I expected it.

So, thanks for the reply and my apologies for a virtual brain fart.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:01 PM   #43
Rawz
Scholar

portfolio
Rory Baxter
Toy Gun
Sydney, Australia

To upgrade to 2.3.1 do I download a trial and activate it with my licence?

I can only see full purchases on the Store page link that was posted earlier.

(Mac OS 10.10)

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 PM   #44
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawz
To upgrade to 2.3.1 do I download a trial and activate it with my licence?

I can only see full purchases on the Store page link that was posted earlier.

(Mac OS 10.10)

Not sure if 2.3.1 for Mac is available yet, but yes, download the trail when it is. It should activate automatically without need to enter your licence.

Old 01-04-2015, 08:34 PM   #45
Rawz
Scholar

portfolio
Rory Baxter
Toy Gun
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Not sure if 2.3.1 for Mac is available yet, but yes, download the trail when it is. It should activate automatically without need to enter your licence.

Thanks, will listen out for it.

reply share thread