Menu Bug in 2.3

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2014
Unhappy Menu Bug in 2.3

[IMG][/IMG]

After the first execution
I need your help

09 September 2014
There have been a couple of reports about this in addition to yours. What OS X are you on? Do you have multiple monitors, and/or a retina display?

10 October 2014
I am having the same issue. I recorded a short screen cap of what's happening.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u..._menu_issue.mp4

I DO have multiple monitors and thought about that, but it happens on both displays and continues to perform like this when setting to mirrored monitor mode.

Last edited by deathbypizza : 10 October 2014 at 04:30 PM.

10 October 2014
mikefarny,

I'm having the same issue:
15", Early2011 MBP
OSX 10.9.4
(This is a non-retina model)

If I run Silo without a 2nd monitor connected, everything is fine. If I have a 2nd display connected (regardless of which Silo is being displayed on) the menus are displayed too high. If I disconnect the 2nd display, the menus pop back to where they are supposed to be.

11 November 2014
I've found a (potential) fix for this. We don't have an official mac build ready to test just yet, but we're hoping to push out a release soon. There was a bug with Qt 5.2.x where it would pop the menus up in strange places when multiple monitors are connected, so we think we were a victim of this bug. It's fixed in Qt 5.3, and so our next release on Mac will be using that under the hood.

11 November 2014
Same issue here with a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) running OS X Yosemite when connected to a Thunderbolt display. Looking forward to a fix.

11 November 2014
Silo 2.3.1 has a fix for the OS X multi-monitor issue. It has been essentially ready for a couple of weeks, really; but Apple and their arcane submission rules are the bottleneck. We're excited to push out the release ASAP. We have some third-party libraries that we're waiting on a fix for Mac App Store compliance. Apple is getting to be a pain about app submission, to put it gingerly. Once we have that we're going to update/test as quickly as possible to get back into the submission checks and push out Silo 2.3.1 for OS X.

I think our plan is to go ahead and release 2.3.1 on Windows and Linux sooner, since those are ready.

04 April 2015
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Silo 2.3.1 has a fix for the OS X multi-monitor issue.

I'm not sure if 2.3.02 or 2.3.1 is older, but I have 2.3.02 and not downloaded through the app store, but through http://www.nevercenter.com/silo/ so I shouldn't have to wait for Apple's acceptance. I am still having this issue with 10.10.3 on my MacBook Pro. I have noticed that if I completely close silo and set the monitors to mirror mode, it behaves correctly. But if I open Silo with an extended desktop, the bug persists.

reply share thread