Silo 2.3 64-Bit when for Windows?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 07 July 2014   #1
Silo 2.3 64-Bit when for Windows?

Hello Nevercenter Team,

It is great to see the 2.3 release including 64-Bit versions of Mac OS and Linux, as I am a Windows only user I wonder when we can expect the 64-Bit version as most of my models die on the memory limit wall to be finished in Silo,

Regards,
McHannemann

Old 07 July 2014   #2
Originally Posted by McHannemann: Hello Nevercenter Team,

It is great to see the 2.3 release including 64-Bit versions of Mac OS and Linux, as I am a Windows only user I wonder when we can expect the 64-Bit version as most of my models die on the memory limit wall to be finished in Silo,

Regards,
McHannemann

I've got this on my list. The Mac OS X version and Linux version are both now 64-bit only, so it's just a matter of taking the time to work through the build issues on the windows side. No promises on a date, but hopefully pretty soon here.

Old 07 July 2014   #3
Smile

That sounds good, thank you

Old 07 July 2014   #4
Yeah, it always "sounds good" but its always very little very late.

Old 07 July 2014   #5
Originally Posted by InfoCentral: Yeah, it always "sounds good" but its always very little very late.

Heh, you are so very encouraging. I'm working on it.

Old 07 July 2014   #6
Everyone give mike a break. He is engaging the community and has already made progress with silo. Lets be more positive around here!

Old 07 July 2014   #7
Looking forward to the 64 bit version. Having fun with what I have. Thank you for your efforts.

Old 07 July 2014   #8
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Heh, you are so very encouraging. I'm working on it.

Yeah, good old InfoCentral… It's for many years always the same with him on lot's of 3D related forums.

Regards
Stefan

Old 07 July 2014   #9
Yeah, and I see they are practically giving away Shade as well. I guess if anyone used any common sense they would be using Blender now which is FREE!

Old 07 July 2014   #10
And what if you don't like Blender? I wish Blender had a better interface, because it would be a great free app to use. But Silo is easier for modeling and I don't have to think too much about making a model.

I think that Silo should be cheaper, but they do have sales every so often. If you like Blender better than use it instead. I think most Silo users have tried Blender before and that is why they still use Silo to make 3D models.

Old 07 July 2014   #11
Originally Posted by NormalNutcase: I think that Silo should be cheaper, but they do have sales every so often.

Great, I think I would invest in something that is actively being developed like Modo or 3D Coat but to each his own. OTOH, if you want a Silo seat then that can be had for $20.

Old 07 July 2014   #12
Modo, perhaps, could be called an investment. Silo? I spent more in the pub last night.

I could be wrong, but it does appear that there is some active development going on too.

Old 07 July 2014   #13
Originally Posted by Cinnsealach: I could be wrong, but it does appear that there is some active development going on too.

It certainly appears that way but you know the saying, appearances can be deceitful. Didn't the person doing the developing said from the start that he was just helping out and not to expect too much?

Old 07 July 2014   #14
Originally Posted by InfoCentral: It certainly appears that way but you know the saying, appearances can be deceitful. Didn't the person doing the developing said from the start that he was just helping out and not to expect too much?

The 64 bit version itself will at least be a considerable improvement.

Old 07 July 2014   #15
Originally Posted by nobody1954: The 64 bit version itself will at least be a considerable improvement.

Yep, it just goes to show you that one mans not too much is another mans considerable...

reply share thread