reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #16
Fakepilots
portfolio
Mattias Lindberg
Motion Designer
Fake Pilot AB
stockholm, Sweden

Removed Silo downloaded from the App Store and downloaded the 2.3 trial for Mac from nevercenter.com. Unfortunately, it still crashes on every attempt to start it. It did however, show a register window that I dismissed and then a glimpse of the Silo interface. Then it crashes.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #17
nik75
portfolio

One thing I'd like to see are bezier curves and an extrude along curves tool.
Also an extrude steps type thing might be good where you can type in extrude 5 steps and a distance for example.
Any chance of actually getting some kind of history type stuff in there?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
zeropainter
portfolio

Exclamation

Hello dear mikefarny, I installed LINUX KUBUNTU now, really fresh over a new partition. Now I have the same black windows in silo ...

What can I do, what can we do? I think it's a problem with qt5 and kubuntu?

Any idea for me and other users?

I installed also the recomended NVIDIA Driver. Hope that someone can help

[img=http://abload.de/thumb/bildschirmfoto1qcs4p.jpg]

Last edited by zeropainter : 07-06-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:01 PM   #19
trancerobot
Art Compiler

portfolio
Christian Storay
BIM & VDC Modeler
USA

Wow, an actual update! I'll be trying this as soon as I'm able.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #20
zeropainter
portfolio

I have black Windows also in UBUNTU :( I don't know why, I mailed it to your support-mail account, dear nevercenter-readers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bildschirmfoto1.jpg (83.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by zeropainter : 07-10-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #21
mikefarny
Frequenter
portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropainter
I have black Windows also in UBUNTU :( I don't know why, I mailed it to your support-mail account, dear nevercenter-readers.

Which ubuntu version? Any other changes from the usual besides just using the binary nvidia drivers?

Old 07-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #22
zeropainter
portfolio

Hello dear Mike, I use Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, the newest version. Black screens I have also with the free opensource driver. I did have the same also with Lubuntu and Kubuntu ..

I changed nothing after the installation. But maybe there are some fragements from Kubuntu in Ubuntu? Because I used the same partitions / and I didn't have made a format of these. But ubuntu runs fine, only not with silo ...

End the gear test (glxgears) was also fine, with fast rotations.

In Windows runs the new silo 2.3 fine (I have a dual-boot-system).

Last edited by zeropainter : 07-12-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
polygon5
portfolio

An update(!), great news, I'm back to Silo after a very long time! No problems so far on my MAC (OSX 10.9.4)

Old 07-29-2014, 08:36 PM   #24
danmarell
3D slave monkey

portfolio
Daniel Elliott
FX TD
Weta Digital
United Kingdom

I'm just wondering now how many of these posts from 'users' are from fake accounts. Here is a grab from nevercenter's fb page where there is a comment from a 'user' but NC have forgotten to switch accounts. That's pretty unprofessional and embarrassing. Unless there is a simple explanation of course......

Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 AM   #25
NormalNutcase
Veteran
portfolio

Who cares, they are just a small team of developers. You are just being petty.
But it is funny!

Last edited by NormalNutcase : 07-30-2014 at 03:39 AM.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 PM   #26
zeropainter
portfolio

I'm in facobook too, but why I should use in facebook my realname? So I'm a facebookfake too ... but it means nothing, because I'm a Silo-User since some years

Old 09-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #27
mikefarny
Frequenter
portfolio

Can any of you who experienced the black-screen issue on Ubuntu (or derivatives thereof) who haven't yet been in contact with Nevercenter support PM me or email support@nevercenter.com? We have an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS specific build that we're testing to see if it fixes the issue.

I tried for the life of me to reproduce the issue, but I couldn't ever get it to trigger. So the build is a tiny bit of a shot in the dark, but we'd like to not force people to run Silo in a CentOS or Fedora VM if their primary is Ubuntu.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #28
zeropainter
portfolio

I installed Fedora on a extern USB-HDD, but I did have there also black-window issues. Is this maybe also an issue with my hardware also/only?

Okay, today I did get a mail from Stephanie from your company, I will try that build
But I couldn't dowload it from google, I will try it tomorrow - its a google problem ...

ps. Maybe it will run okay, if I will spend next weeks a new GPU - I will replace my weak Geforce GTX 550Ti with a new GTX970 ... (not for silo, because silo don't need a powerfull GPU, but for other grafic tools I need more power & vram).

Last edited by zeropainter : 09-23-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #29
mikefarny
Frequenter
portfolio

You also got it on Fedora (20 I assume)? I'm beginning to wonder if Silo is doing something odd with OpenGL that is tripping up on certain hardware. I'll keep investigating, although it's hard because I simply haven't been able to trigger the black screen issue at all on any of my setups.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #30
mikefarny
Frequenter
portfolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmarell
I'm just wondering now how many of these posts from 'users' are from fake accounts. Here is a grab from nevercenter's fb page where there is a comment from a 'user' but NC have forgotten to switch accounts. That's pretty unprofessional and embarrassing. Unless there is a simple explanation of course......

I'll ask Stephanie what happened with that comment, because that does look pretty bizarre. I don't have any access to the Silo3D facebook account (heck, I don't even have a facebook login for myself), but it's probably just a comment from a user that came in via email that she was quoting and didn't properly attribute. She's definitely not one to pull shenanigans.

reply share thread