Silo selection issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 05 May 2014   #1
Silo selection issues

I love Silo , but simple issues keep getting in my way . When im selecting components ,some are selected . if im in front view and select a set of verts , some a selected and other arn't .I thought Back face culling would have been the obvious solution as in other modeling packages but it din't work .Some help with back facing in silo .Please help with this . Any silo users whop would like to hangout on skype let me know id love to share information a gain more insight into this package

Old 05 May 2014   #2
If I understand correctly you have trouble selecting backfacing polys? Do your selection with the Middle Mouse Button, it is called "Select Through New" in the mouse settings.

Old 05 May 2014   #3
Here is a dropbox clip

here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/91drin4cu...n%20silo%20.avi , and im using the left mouse button . What am i doing wrong?

Old 05 May 2014   #4
Yup, like I said. "Select Thru Add" in the mouse settings will select those in the back. I have mine set to Shift-MMB due to my navigation settings, but I think it defaults to just MMB.

Old 05 May 2014   #5
Thanks Vehoy

Hello Vehoy,

I game here about to ask the same thing, and you have answered the question brilliant!

Old 05 May 2014   #6
Also, forced antialiasing can cause selection issues (if select through isn't the problem).

Old 05 May 2014   #7
Hello guys thanks for all the advice , i got through

well guys im loving silo , just some more practice to really nail it .Where can i create a thread to post my wips ,sort of like a personal sketchbook?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx73ozk1q...%2004.59.38.png

Old 05 May 2014   #8
Originally Posted by AbsorbentGhost: well guys im loving silo , just some more practice to really nail it .Where can i create a thread to post my wips ,sort of like a personal sketchbook?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx73ozk1q...%2004.59.38.png

Create it here

Old 05 May 2014   #9
Stylized Character Modeling in Silo

Character Work-In-Progress

Last edited by AbsorbentGhost : 05 May 2014 at 08:14 AM.

Old 06 June 2014   #10
Up Date

dfgfgf fdfgdfgdfgfd f dfd

Old 06 June 2014   #11
Looking good, but I think you should create a new thread for your WIP in the Silo section rather than adding to this one :]

Old 06 June 2014   #12
update

Here is an update to the Character I'm working on , it has been really fun using silo .

reply share thread