PRO

Silo update can be found here.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
outburner
psy cop

portfolio
clandestine studio
Crescent Island, Cuba

interesting update you found there... and speaking of SILO, here are some lowpoly models i did recently (around 5K tris) for a game >>> ENTIRELY done in silo (modeling, UVing, smoothing groups, etc.) rendered in Toolbag

Last edited by outburner : 04-30-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #18
Hellagot
portfolio
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoCentral
Silo update can be found here.

Nope, not an update for Silo, as with Silo i can model whatever i want. 3D-Coat does not allow you to model what you want:

Quote:
As 3D-Coat creators we ask you not to use the program for making pictures which would increase vices, especially pictures that would provoke dissolute thoughts. We all have responsibility before God and before mankind for everything we're doing.

As seen here: http://3d-coat.com/company/our-voice/

Do not support religious extremists, no matter what kind.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
eok
portfolio
E O
Aptos, USA

Hellagot; your post is misleading. Hope it wasn't intentional. Here's a fairer quote from the 3D Coat page:

Quote:
As 3D-Coat creators we ask you not to use the program for making pictures which would increase vices, especially pictures that would provoke dissolute thoughts. We all have responsibility before God and before mankind for everything we're doing. Do we make this world better?

We can not (and don't want!) control your activity. That is a request and not a legal demand. We completely realize that many people may dislike the request placed on the official web site and that it may cause less selling. However, our conscience demand is more important for us than our income.

Respectfully yours, Pilgway staff.

You can indeed use their application for whatever you wish.

---
eok

Old 05-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
Hellagot
portfolio
Germany

No it is not misleading... What they say is: You are not allowed to model anything that we wouldn't accept because we believe in god, but we want your money, so in doubt, give us your money and model what you want, but you are not allowed to.

Do NOT support religious extremists, no matter of what kind! - nothing misleading about that.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Hellagot
portfolio
Germany

ok, this forum is weired, it eated 2 of my posts, thing is: they do not allow you to use it for whatever you want to model, they ask you not to model anything that 'would not approve before god' but on the other hand they want your money, so they won't stop you if they earn money... this is the worst type of religious extremists :(

@eok: my post was not misleading in any way, because i linked to the original source, everyone can decide for him/herself, i decided not to support religious extremists. In long term, you never know if they'll just take your money, or bomb you away.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #22
InfoCentral
PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellagot
everyone can decide for him/herself

Do NOT support anti-religious extremists, no matter of what kind!

Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
Cinnsealach
PRO

portfolio
Andy Kinsella
Manchester, United Kingdom

Being asked not to do something is not quite the same as not being allowed to do it.

They ask you not to produce images that may offend their unusual religious sensibilities.

Of course you can produce any type of imagery you like with it (within the bounds of the law); but perhaps they may not top-row it on their forum :]

Old 05-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
Hellagot
portfolio
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnsealach
Being asked not to do something is not quite the same as not being allowed to do it.

Well, for me it is... plus the fact remains, by buying this program you directly support religious extremists... and it is NOT a silo update (not to mention that it is half the price of zbrush but they charge for updates, which pixologic never did since i own the program - which is a couple of years. So until now i would have payed more for 3d-coat then for zbrush - assuming they would have built in the same amount of new features, which they haven't... that would not have been a smart decision, even if i ignore the religious part)

Old 05-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #25
Zaru
Frequenter
AJ
Poland

Interesting. Your five first posts are five rants about a single software. Very trustworthy character you are, Mr. Hellagot. And a very professional if I might add. I love your competent style... Yes.

According to you ZBrush 3.x to 4.x. upgrade is free, right? So I can purchase ZBrush once and no need to worry about paying for major version upgrades in my life, because they come free? That's good to know, man. Is it the same with Autodesk's Mudbox? Maya?

Sarcasm aside, one has to pay for 3D Coat upgrades, that's true, but only when it's a major version upgrade. All upgrades within a major version are free. So, it's not anything new in the software world.

Sorry if this post sounds too harsh, but I don't think it's fair to publicly call people extremists just because they believe in something. I've read a lot of threads on their forum when I was familiarising myself with 3D Coat and I haven't seen a single post about religion. So how did you come to that conclusion completely eludes me.

Last edited by Zaru : 05-13-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #26
ajf412
portfolio
Aaron Faulkner
Monaca, USA

Well, I just got sold on 3D-Coat. =)

Thank you, and God bless you Hellagot!

Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #27
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread