Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

Delete a polygon group

I can't figure out how to delete a Face Group from the Scene Editor. I don't want to delete the polygons, just the group ... is this possible, am I missing something very obvious?

Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
LmWolfSpirit
portfolio
L. Wright
Jackson, USA

Have you tried selecting the group and using Object=>Expand Object Group?

I am fairly new to C4D, but I think I saw somewhere that this was the way to ungroup things. I think I also saw something about Shift+Alt+G, but am not sure if it was for C4D.

Good luck!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

This is a Silo forum isn't it...? I do use C4D, but my question is about Silo...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #4
LmWolfSpirit
portfolio
L. Wright
Jackson, USA

LOL, I know. I realized that after I hit Submit, but as a new member, I couldn't get back in until now to change the post.

Are you asking about the Group in the Scene Manager? If so, from what I have seen, The Group there can be deleted by right clicking and selecting Remove Group (I had to then click on the gray area of the panel to get it to respond.) and the group is gone, but the elements are still in the Scene.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

OK... I'd done something stupid... As a Mac user, I used a utility to switch my CTRL key into the CMD key in Silo because Silo seems to mess these two keys up on the Mac and as such, I'd lost the ability to right click with CTRL... loos like I'm going to have to find an alternative key setup.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
LmWolfSpirit
portfolio
L. Wright
Jackson, USA

I do not use a Mac, so I do not know how the keys are affected. However, on a PC, it is just a plain right click on the Group that you want to remove (Ctrl is not required.)

It looks to me like the grouping in Silo works a lot like Set in C4D.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
Benek
Veteran
portfolio
Benek
London, United Kingdom

I was just being a bit dumb... On the Mac, in the Mouse Settings, although Silo displays the commands as Ctrl+LMB etc, it actually uses the Cmd key which for me was too awkward. So I found a handy little utility that changes the Ctrl key to Cmd just within Silo (called KeyRemap) but that obviously means you can no longer use the Ctrl for the Right click function. Instead I've now set one of Wacom pen buttons to Right Click... I've always manage to get by using the Ctrl for right click and dispensing of middle click altogether...

Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
LmWolfSpirit
portfolio
L. Wright
Jackson, USA

Ah, okay. Cross platform is way too confusing for me. LOL

I figure I am going to have enough trouble remapping keys to get Silo and C4D (and what I can of ZBrush) to match up so I don't have to remember 1001 key settings.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread