New Official Silo Forum Home

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
New Official Silo Forum Home

Hi guys,

Jamchild (Tom) from Nevercenter here. As we've posted over at silo3d.com, we've decided to archive the forum there and leave it up as a static resource and make this Silo forum on CGTalk the new official Silo forum. We think this will work out better since Silo is made to be used in a multi-software workflow, and since we're really not very good at running a forum ourselves (we're a company of introverts). I'll reiterate what Feed said on the old Silo forum - we love you guys and are really proud of the Silo community.

- Jamchild (and Feed and Presque)

08 August 2012
Maybe it was the maintenance of the forum that took it's toll on you guys? Because you did little else in that place the last few years. Well, I doubt moving it here is going to improve on things...except giving you even more time to do nothing with Silo, that is...

And I thought this was the place where app related subforums "came to die"?

Last edited by Veehoy : 08 August 2012 at 09:44 AM.

08 August 2012
Well the only good news is the old forum is still going to be active for another two weeks.

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by jamchild: I'll reiterate what Feed said on the old Silo forum - we love you guys and are really proud of the Silo community.

- Jamchild (and Feed and Presque)

And no need to reiterate....you have shown how "proud" you are by your treatment of the community. Action speaks louder than words

08 August 2012
Yay Silo!

This forum will work well. Silo is such an intuitive and speedy program to use. Thanks to the developers for a program that will be continually useful for years to come.

08 August 2012
New place, new development?

Hopefully moving to this site is sending the slowly fading Silo community a signal that you're back in development?!

Yes? or are we getting our hopes up in vain?

Sharing your overall development plans for Silo with a community that has stood by your product for years and years is, in my opinion, the least you can do in return.

Thanks, and good luck! Here's hoping...

08 August 2012
jam, i wanted to say thanks for letting silo die....

08 August 2012
Damn shame. Kinda figured Silo would go tits up one day. Well, I still have my my other soft. just have to scratch Silo off my top Five. Nevercenter...Ironic.

08 August 2012
im new for silo, and new for siloforum too..

my question is, if forumusers were asked paying a2-5 dollar per month membership... i would pay..
i say yes... so forum could be recovered before hundred of old user migth dont want new password, dont want to looking for old locked posts..
cutted to half discussions...

i was never a good bussinessman.. i see one thing sharply.. this is just doesnt work
on cgtalk the different forums for different programs madeof users, whos by any reason dont wanted to use the original developers forum..
3dstudio has autodesk forum... official...
http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/

we all know serious reason, if a user migth not prefer the official 3dsforum..

but that reason is not here..

just talking aboutmyself.. i didnt read the user guide yet of silo :-(
dont even the great book by antony ward..

but ifound very helpful people, and those folks migth dont come back.. they have their daily life.. if they want to be member to the cgsociety they will sign up..

imagine youre in a good friends company... on a weekend at your friend house
in the midlle of a goodtheme..

suddenly you have to stop the discussion, and go over 3block in an another place...
i couldnt continue what i started to talk..
probably just go at home..

the program is great,and will live without support.. i just feel sorry about a good palceclosed up..

08 August 2012
i tried to post.. and it disappeared..
are we under some control?

first of, im new for silo and i wasnew for silo forum.. but i found good people here.. now they looks disappearing..

so.. what i tried to concern about.. i feel a little like im at a party at my friends house..
and in the middle of the party suddenly everyone needs togetup and go..

over three block.. doyou all think we couldcontinue adiscuss where we left? i thinki couldjust go at home..

people who madeposts, topics suddenly cutted of to continue or editing their topics..

on that forum was several artist.. will they register here?

i believe, users, i dont know how many was really active, with a low monthly fee could keep alive that forum on their own..
still i think it couldbe saved..

but as i said imjust a beginner

08 August 2012
I haven't used Silo in a pretty good while, but you guys are a little harsh. I mean for a modeler Silo is a pretty stable, fast and a compact specific purpose tool that doesn't need the level of development a lot of other tools have needed because they've branched into areas way outside of modeling. The only thing I would like to see them add, which they alluded to developing a good while back, is a basic skeleton rigging tool for posing.

08 August 2012

Last edited by Mahlikus : 08 August 2012 at 10:29 PM.

08 August 2012

Last edited by Mahlikus : 08 August 2012 at 10:29 PM.

08 August 2012
i just hoping the old forum will be reopened..

08 August 2012
crazy funny statement nevercenter...
few years late...

Thread Closed share thread