Random selection occurring

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

05 May 2017
Random selection occurring

When I am selecting or deselecting, random polygons are getting caught as well. Example: while selecting polys on a shirt front, others are selected from a sleeve, the neckline, or just a few polys away. The Wacom does the same thing, so it's not the mouse. I reloaded the program (using v. 2.2). and it still does the same thing. I've used Silo for at least 8 years and never had this problem. Any ideas?
Thanks!

This works the same way in vertex mode.

Last edited by pixelwing : 05 May 2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: addition

05 May 2017
Hiya!

Check your video card settings "Antialiasing" settings. I had the same problem; had to make a special profile that had AA turned off from my Video card settings.I was on my 'old' computer the, with an nVidia card (MB fried on that comp...waiting to get the cash to get a new MB and having to use this cheap ass 'consumer level $900 pos'...it has a Radeon R7 340?...I think?...).

Anyway, yeah. Fiddle with AA settings (as in turn them off on your card's set up program). See if that helps.

Paul L. Ming

05 May 2017
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

05 May 2017
I have this problem often, too. I never thought to check the video card as the culprit.

For me I discovered that this would occur after I would rotate around my active object. I would have to another move (I think it was pressing alt+left mouse or do a tiny view pan....) immediately after to fix it.next time I am back in Silo I will post what that move is here.

reply share thread