Silo 3D Toolbox, A Modeling Guide

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 09 September 2015   #1
Silo 3D Toolbox, A Modeling Guide

Hello,

I would like to share my own modeling guide and key commands for Silo. I hope you find it as useful as I do.

Silo 3D Toolbox Key Commands

Old 09 September 2015   #2
That's fantastic Max!

Old 09 September 2015   #3
This came in quite handy being able to see all the commands laid out like this. Thank you.

Old 09 September 2015   #4
Glad to hear it! Thanks!

Old 10 October 2015   #5
Thank you for this contribution Max, truly is a clean and very practical guide.

Old 11 November 2015   #6
Very nice....many thanks....

Old 12 December 2016   #7
Originally Posted by maxhancock-co: Hello,

I would like to share my own modeling guide and key commands for Silo. I hope you find it as useful as I do.

Silo 3D Toolbox Key Commands

Sensational, really helping move along in Silo, got 2 copies printed in A3 size so, if and when I make some keyboard shortcut changes I can whiteout the current command and write my own in.

Thanks again for this

Old 12 December 2016   #8
HIya!

Thank you Max! Such a time saver...in both looking up a command and doing all the work I was not looking forward to myself (making a cheat sheet ).

I full-screened the PDF and took a screen shot so I could put it as the Background on my desktop; then I just use the 'peek' function in Windows (10) to see it when I need it. Of course, I'm going to go in to that pic and change some of the hotkeys to my own set up ("D" for Cut, "Shift-E" for Extrude, "F" for Face/Polygon selection, etc). But you doing all those graphical elements? Fantastic, man!

Thanks!

Paul L. Ming

Old 12 December 2016   #9
Originally Posted by pming: HIya!

Thank you Max! Such a time saver...in both looking up a command and doing all the work I was not looking forward to myself (making a cheat sheet ).

I full-screened the PDF and took a screen shot so I could put it as the Background on my desktop; then I just use the 'peek' function in Windows (10) to see it when I need it. Of course, I'm going to go in to that pic and change some of the hotkeys to my own set up ("D" for Cut, "Shift-E" for Extrude, "F" for Face/Polygon selection, etc). But you doing all those graphical elements? Fantastic, man!

Thanks!

Thank you both Paul and Philip! I'm glad you found it useful... it was a real time saver for me too. Many times I come back to the app after several months and need a bit of a reminder, that's why I made it. I make them for all the applications I use. I've also made a similar guide for Hexagon, and I'm going to include that in a course I'm preparing. Good luck! Have fun.

Old 12 December 2016   #10
Thank you

Thank you for sharing this really appreciate it

Old 07 July 2017   #11
Looks great, easy to read, Thanks!

Old 1 Week Ago   #12
maxhancock-co thanks so much for that!  Very handy and great to have visuals in there.

Old 3 Days Ago   #13
This has been a big help as I get back into Silo3D.

Old 5 Hours Ago   #14
Whoa, @maxhancock-co, this is awesome! Thanks for putting this together!

reply share thread