Add segments to Bevel operation?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2014
Add segments to Bevel operation?

Hi,

I've recently picked up Silo in the season sale.

Can you add segments to a Bevel operation, either on the fly or in a numerical input?

At the moment the Bevel tool seems to bevel an edge once, with no option to add more segments to round the bevel.

Thanks.

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by Rawz: Hi,

Can you add segments to a Bevel operation, either on the fly or in a numerical input?

At the moment the Bevel tool seems to bevel an edge once, with no option to add more segments to round the bevel.

Thanks.

Not at this time. Hopefully it is something that will be added - it's been requested a few times.

If you want a rounded bevel you will have to do it manually. Simple enough, but it should be a feature.

If you split a loop in a bevel, then bevel that loop you can round the bevel.

12 December 2014
Thanks Andy. Will work around it for now.

Last edited by Rawz : 12 December 2014 at 07:58 PM.

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by Rawz: Hi,

Thanks.

Added this to our tracker. I'm not sure when we'll get to it, though.

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Added this to our tracker. I'm not sure when we'll get to it, though.

So are you just selling off old stock?

12 December 2014
Eh, I don't have any stock. I get paid for my time, so time is the main constraint in getting to each item on the to-do list.

Asking a software developer for a time estimate is like asking a seismologist when the next earthquake will hit. We have a general idea, but honestly we don't know until we get there.

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Eh, I don't have any stock. I get paid for my time, so time is the main constraint in getting to each item on the to-do list.

Asking a software developer for a time estimate is like asking a seismologist when the next earthquake will hit. We have a general idea, but honestly we don't know until we get there.

Thanks for your reply Mike and for putting it on the list.

Rory

12 December 2014
Originally Posted by mikefarny: Eh, I don't have any stock. I get paid for my time, so time is the main constraint in getting to each item on the to-do list.

PS
When I asked whether you were selling old stock I meant old copies of the program.

reply share thread