Australian Chapter - who's from Australia?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #31
me from Sydney!

Would love to meet all you big gurus out there.

Old 05 May 2005   #32
sweet unit ... when you guys figure it out and where its gonna be held i'll be there for sure...balmain wherever... its all good! see you guys soon!

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 05 May 2005   #33
Another brisbanite here

Old 05 May 2005   #34
Cool, I just noticed this thread now. I'd love to get this going. Actually last weekend a few of us in Sydney organized a meetup at Clock Bar in Surry Hills. The turnout was really good. I think we were 30-40 people from various companies and CGTalk (Grant, I'm surprised Vinh or anyone else didn't get in touch with you about this!).

It was really cool and I was thinking of doing this once a month or so. Would be great if it could all be umbrellaed under a CGTalk chapter.

What exactly would these chapters be for? Meet and greets? Or also including lectures, exhibitions, etc? Tell me what's needed and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Wiro

Old 05 May 2005   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiro
Actually last weekend a few of us in Sydney organized a meetup at Clock Bar in Surry Hills. The turnout was really good. I think we were 30-40 people from various companies and CGTalk (Grant, I'm surprised Vinh or anyone else didn't get in touch with you about this!).

Cool, the clock is an awesome venue - I'd go with that for sure, and besides, there's also plenty of restaurants in the area to start off in if we feel like organising dinner as well. As for not telling me about it, maybe that was intentional?

Quote:
It was really cool and I was thinking of doing this once a month or so. Would be great if it could all be umbrellaed under a CGTalk chapter.

And if we can get them all to sign up to CGS, all the better

Quote:
What exactly would these chapters be for? Meet and greets? Or also including lectures, exhibitions, etc? Tell me what's needed and I'll see if there's anything I can do.

Wiro

Good point. Any ideas anyone? I would say the meetings will tie in with announcements and roll-outs on CGS.... I guess

::: unit - concept art, illustration & design :::

:: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite ::

Last edited by unitstudio : 05 May 2005 at 03:21 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #36
There is also the Sydney Siggraph chapter
I've never been to it before but they're having an event this Wednesday (Basic principles of camera and lighting) which I might go to. Is it worth starting up our own chapter if this one is already about or is it totally different?

...clueless

Wiro

Old 05 May 2005   #37
Hehe, hardly intentional. I'll get in touch with you for the next one for sure!

Wiro

Old 05 May 2005   #38
I'm an hour and a half from the the city, two if the traffics bad, but count me in if there's something going on.

Old 05 May 2005   #39
Could I get a list of people interested in meeting up at the AEAF on June 1st? Some of you have already mentioned interest or attendance:

George Samuels (ilandesigns)
Jay Miller (JayCMiller) - possibly... if work forks out the cash.

Old 05 May 2005   #40
yeah haven't asked about that yet, I'll get back to you when I know.

Old 05 May 2005   #41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiro
There is also the Sydney Siggraph chapter
I've never been to it before but they're having an event this Wednesday (Basic principles of camera and lighting) which I might go to. Is it worth starting up our own chapter if this one is already about or is it totally different?

...clueless

Wiro

I think starting our own chapter is preferable simply because CGS is going to evolve and activities of the chapters will increasingly revolve around that. Initially, it'll just be meet'n'greet, but incresingly i think it will tie in with the plans Leonard and Mark have for CGS, especially as it gains industry recognition. I envisage networking and industry meetings. Colab projects, formation of new teams (and possibly start-ups). I'v'e been fortunate to have full-time work as a concept artist for the past 3.5 years but it's a fickles and difficult industry. Therefore, I very much like the idea of recognition the CGs membership will bring and the potentials contacts also. And well, maybe too, I can contribute something...

So let's just meet for drinks, to get to know first. Should we plan it for someitme next month - by that time we should have a bit more of an agenda given the rapid roll-out of CGS?

-grant

::: unit - concept art, illustration & design :::

:: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite ::

Old 05 May 2005   #42
hi ya everyone! another melbounite here!

Old 05 May 2005   #43
i'm in for Sydney =)

Old 05 May 2005   #44
Melbourne again!!

Hey there,

I'd love to catch up some some of you guys at the AEAF in Melbourne (June 1st), as was mentioned earlier.

Just a meet and greet, and a 'get-to-know'.

Old 05 May 2005   #45
count me in for sure! in Adelaide at the moment but after an overseas film job for 6 months ill start heading up the east coast, Virgin plane ticket easy enough to go to any of the meetings in the future too =)

This is all sounding great btw =D

Thread Closed share thread