Australian Chapter - who's from Australia?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #16
Good question. I think that it would depend on the numbers of people. Personally I would have wanted to start up an "Australian" chapter to begin with (all in one) but if there are enough people in each major capital city to warrant it's own meetings and such, then we'll split them up.

What do you think?

Leonard

Old 04 April 2005   #17
I think we should have an australian chapter initially - that'd be my preference too. If and when it becomes too unwieldy and unmanageable then maybe we can consider splitting it. my vote is for an australian chapter foremost.

-g

::: unit - concept art, illustration & design :::

:: Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite ::

Old 04 April 2005   #18
So what's the plan? How are these chapter thingies going to be ran/organised?

Old 04 April 2005   #19
Update:

CGSociety Australian Chapter - Preliminary List of Members:
- Martin Brennand, Melbourne
- Tristan Lock, Sydney
- Arild Wiro, Sydney
- Jay C Miller, Melbourne
- Grant Regan, Sydney
- Stephen Vesperman, Coral Point
- Julius (who?), Sydney
- Marcel Harfouche, Sydney

I left out the Ballistic staff cuz we're all part of it anyway.

Those are pretty good startup numbers btw. ATM it looks like Sydney could have the first Chapter meeting with those numbers. Do you guys have any suggestions on venues and such?

BTW -- if you need to contact me, my email is: leonard@ballisticmedia.net
You can also call me at the office: (08) 8388 5966 during working hours.

Leonard

Old 04 April 2005   #20
Talking Melbourne, Australia

Respresenting Melbourne! Oh yeah, erilaz, I'll be at the AEAF too! Perhaps I'll see you there! I can't wait for that!!! Woot woot!

Take care n peace,

Siosi

Old 04 April 2005   #21
Err, lets have it in Canberra!

*cricket cricket*

Well, hehe, I'm in Canberra.

Maya, 3Delight, mentalray, Maxwell Render, ZBrush
Photoshop, Fusion, Vegas Pro, Syntheyes

Old 04 April 2005   #22
An upstairs room in a pub could be good. There's a few decent places aorund the inner city - newtown, erskineville, glebe balmain for instance.

Old 04 April 2005   #23
hmmm... thats a bit hard i just say make it city sydney... dont go like balmain or newtown/... just do it in area where everyones familiar too like something between central and town hall stationa pub around there... well if i may pose an option , me and the class that im in COmputer graphics college usually after class go to a pub up the road.. there a good seating area there we can chat have a beer and discuss anything with no disturbances.. and a thai place upstairs in case anyones hungry.. if you guys are interested then i'll be glad to give address details etc... let me know please... cheers...

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 04 April 2005   #24
There really aren't any decent pubs I can think of around Central or town hall...most of them are dives, and there's no parking for those with cars (like myself). That's why I was recommending an inner city area - close to the centre but far better ambience, far more options. Let's all put forward suggestions, and we can vote on it.

Once a location is settled upon, it'll be fairly easy to give people directions and a map from Sydways....

-g

Last edited by unitstudio : 05 May 2005 at 02:40 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #25
Good idea guys, i agree with unitstudio. I'll vote for balmain, many places to choose from around that area!

Old 04 April 2005   #26
Well even if balmain is difficult to get to, east sydney and darlinghurst (darlo bar for one), woolloomoolloo (there's some great places along the waterfront - ther'e one place that has the larget selection of beers I've seen and a huge upstairs area - i've forgotten it's name), paddington (heaps of great pubs, or alternatively, the fox and lion at Fox studios), and surry hills are all really easy to get to from the city centre, either a simple bus-ride or often you can just walk.

Oh and Balmain is a simple ferry ride from Circular Quay

-g

Last edited by unitstudio : 04 April 2005 at 04:14 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #27
I've from Brisbane but if I'm free love to come down and check things out when thay happen

Old 04 April 2005   #28
Cool, it'd be great to have you come down T4D. it might be cool if there's enough people in each city to send open invites to people in other cities. It therefore open for members across the country to visit a meeting in any city. I wouldn't mind travelling interstate occasionally to catch up with the melbourne or brisbane groups.

-g

Old 04 April 2005   #29
Originally Posted by unitstudio: I wouldn't mind travelling interstate occasionally to catch up with the melbourne or brisbane groups.

-g

Very true... A good excuse to get out of our own cities for a breath of fresh air!

Old 05 May 2005   #30
Another Melbourne-ite here

Thread Closed share thread