United Kingdom

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
It's a little joke... if you really think about it, you may catch it. Twidup and I are actually colleagues.

Here's a hint: use a Thesaurus.

03 March 2007
When we all meet, I'm going to TRY to bring a good friend of Mine, also south african called Sketchling (Kim Taylor) now in transition from MPC to Framestore.

I am guessing you two will get along well.

Cell shop = phone store or an animation effects dept?

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by koshime: When we all meet, I'm going to TRY to bring a good friend of Mine, also south african called Sketchling (Kim Taylor) now in transition from MPC to Framestore.

I am guessing you two will get along well.

Cell shop = phone store or an animation effects dept?

Errmmm.... well... I guess this is going to give away the joke, but um, Kim works downstairs from me.... and on the same floor as Twidup.... cell.... frame..... shop..... store.

03 March 2007
Har.

Guess you guys already met then.
I thought K wasnt going to start quite yet.

I finally get it (but your thesaurus was not helpful as it is more like charades *grin*)

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by koshime: Har.

Guess you guys already met then.
I thought K wasnt going to start quite yet.

Actually I haven't met him yet. But he started the other day.

Quote: I finally get it (but your thesaurus was not helpful as it is more like charades *grin*)

Heh yeah but it's difficult to act out charades over the web

03 March 2007
Well - from one texture fantatic to another (I am still learning how to texture) but Kim loves....texturing for hours on end.

I'm sure we'll get to spend some time at nandos eventually (as part of CG Talk or not) as we meet there thursdays every few weeks or so for a paint/chat session in the evenings

03 March 2007
Cool - looks like stuff is definately happening, Koshime, please ignore my PM's - seems I engaged my hands before my brain. As a side note, I'm not in london but in the megacity 1 that is wallingford, oxfordshire, and my title would be creative director / big monkey boss if you want one.

Looking forward to it. Jules

03 March 2007
I'll be there if time and money allow

Michal Doniec, guitar player, 4D craftsman, UK.

Last edited by mdee : 03 March 2007 at 08:39 PM.

03 March 2007
4D craftsman (as in cinema 4D?)

By the way guys, Andrew plummer doesnt seem to respond to his emails, is there anyone else we can bug like Leonard Teo perhaps for the formation of a UK CGS chapter?

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by koshime: 4D craftsman (as in cinema 4D?)

By the way guys, Andrew plummer doesnt seem to respond to his emails, is there anyone else we can bug like Leonard Teo perhaps for the formation of a UK CGS chapter?

Nope, I usually abuse maya, xsi and zbrush, but I use timeline often .

03 March 2007
Are you based around London, North Mid or South of England Mdee?

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by koshime: 4D craftsman (as in cinema 4D?)

Andrew is probably just busy. Give him some time to respond. Leonard no longer works for Ballistic.

03 March 2007
Oh.
So Andrew runs CGS now?

03 March 2007
Leonard Teo works for Softimage now in Canada

03 March 2007
Okay guys, we have a reservation at Garlic & Shots on Frith Street (map and link below), on Thursday 29th at 6pm. Since we cannot all arrive at the same time, the reservation is under the group name of (perhaps not so imaginatively) the CG Society so whoever arrives first can secure the table.

The reservation is (provisionally) for between 12-15 people - this way, if people wish to bring guests they can, and also allows for any new members (or people who are unaware of this meeting) to join us if they so wish. I've been reliably informed by the management that for a group of this size, a set menu may be a better option - since they have around 25 main courses, people can (of course) order dishes from the normal menu, but this will take longer with a larger group. Either way, I'm sure it won't be an issue.

I said that I'd call them back this time next week to give them a more definitive number of people so they can prepare accordingly - so can everyone planning on attending (including any guests) reply back here so I can give them an accurate number to work with. Thanks - definitely looking forward to it!

http://www.garlicandshots.com

http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x...p=newsearch.srf

Thread Closed share thread