United Kingdom

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
well - I think there are a few based in central london. but i forget how many. We could organsie something.

When are next free in the next 4 weeks leigh?

03 March 2007
Most evenings during the week. Weekends are usually busy for me. But since I work in the area, it's easy for me to pop in somewhere after work during the week.

03 March 2007
guys anytime mid week is good for me too.

03 March 2007
Tonight?

In some vague hope of getting something together I'll go out on a wing.. what about tonight [wednesday] - I know short notice, but unless we actually *do* this thing, it won't ever happen. I'm in London all day so it's cool for me, I'll bring a couple of people and hopefully a few more.

Nandos sounded cool - 6:30-7pm?

Let me know if you'll definately coming [and also where nando's is ], I won't bother turning up if I don't hear back from anyone. Sorry if this is all a bit rush rush presumptious....

Would be cool to see you later.. Jules

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by Droolz: In some vague hope of getting something together I'll go out on a wing.. what about tonight [wednesday] - I know short notice, but unless we actually *do* this thing, it won't ever happen. I'm in London all day so it's cool for me, I'll bring a couple of people and hopefully a few more.

Nandos sounded cool - 6:30-7pm?

Let me know if you'll definately coming [and also where nando's is ], I won't bother turning up if I don't hear back from anyone. Sorry if this is all a bit rush rush presumptious....

Would be cool to see you later.. Jules

I already have plans for tonight, I'm afraid!

03 March 2007
sorry i can't make it tonight either...

03 March 2007
Well, perhaps we could arrange for everyone to meet sometime in a couple of weeks? Seems like everyone needs plenty of notice (fiercely social bunch that we are), and the next two weeks are going to be pretty crazy for me - how about sometime around the 27th or 28th?

Also, I don't know about anyone else but I'd certainly welcome suggestions for alternatives to Nandos for a possible venue......

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by danshewan: Also, I don't know about anyone else but I'd certainly welcome suggestions for alternatives to Nandos for a possible venue......

GARLIC AND SHOTS!!

I'm actually going there tonight with some friends. Man, I love that place.

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by leigh: GARLIC AND SHOTS!!

Well, I didn't want everyone to think I was secretly working for them, but yeah - that seems like a much better choice than Nandos! It's got my vote.

Why don't we pencil in a provisional date of Thursday 29th, at Garlic & Shots on Frith Street around 6pm (ish)? Does that work for everyone?

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by danshewan: Why don't we pencil in a provisional date of Thursday 29th, at Garlic & Shots on Frith Street around 6pm (ish)? Does that work for everyone?

That should work for me.

Mmmm. Garlic.

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by leigh: That should work for me.

Mmmm. Garlic.

Great - I'll book a table nearer the time, and will post back here to confirm the reservation. Can anyone else that wants to come along make sure you add to this thread, and I suppose we can exchange 'I'll be wearing a white carnation' gags nearer the time.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

03 March 2007
Ok, so same day impromtu was a little optomistic.. 29th is good for me.

Jules

03 March 2007
I think I'm good for the 28th too!

yah definatelly not Nandos, a friend had food poisoning the other night there!

Garlic and Shots sounds intruiging..

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by AnimZiggy: I think I'm good for the 28th too!

yah definatelly not Nandos, a friend had food poisoning the other night there!

We're meeting up on Thursday 29th (Thursdays are the new Fridays, and all that) as opposed to the Wednesday - we wouldn't want to miss you! Although Garlic & Shots sounds like the kind of place that I wouldn't mind going two nights in a row.....

That sucks about your friend getting food poisoning - was it from the one on Frith Street? I haven't been to Nandos for ages, but that's largely due to the prevalence of screaming children that always seem to be present in Nandos restaurants. I found out from an article in the Metro last week that one of my favorite Chinese places in Soho was fined for having a rodent infestation recently - it's still not enough to make me go to Pret, though.....

Anyone else coming?

03 March 2007
yah i meant the 29th, silly me.

Heh funny enough he got food poisoning from the veggie stuff...he s currently freelancing at Clear, so I guess prob from that one...didnt ask.

Thread Closed share thread