Becoming a Better Artist – Critical knowledge and techniques for today’s artists

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 01 January 2010   #46
Thanks Robert. That's great news!

Old 01 January 2010   #47
Awesome!
I feel like we're gonna have to be quick to get a spot

Old 01 January 2010   #48
Originally Posted by Lunatique: A little update for everyone. I'm now getting close to finishing the video portion, and I should be able to wrap up everything by the end of this month. I asked CGS what the current schedule looks like for CGWorkshops, and it looks like my workshop might be slotted for March (assuming I do finish everything well before then, and I'm pretty sure I would).

So, there you have it. It's likely to kick off in the beginning of March, but this is not written in stone, as we all know that life loves to throw us a curve ball now and then to keep us on our toes. If everything remains smooth sailing till then, I'll be seeing all of you in class when March rolls around the corner.

Excellent. I haven't made very much progress at all in my drawing because of a very busy school semester, but I am glad to read your words of encouragement to those of us who are worrying about our skill levels.

Did you seriously mean what you said about the stick figures?

Old 01 January 2010   #49
Update: Here are the contents for the video portion of the workshop (I only make videos when the topic is best explained by video, otherwise, I use images and text, as they are more intuitive for certain topics):

EDIT: Details removed and now superseded by the registration/details page:
http://workshops.cgsociety.org/courses/000131/

As you guys can see, it's a lot of content, and the videos aren't even the main focus of the workshop. Those of you planning to taking this workshop will be getting something similar to years of serious art school distilled into 8 intense weeks. It's going to be a ton of fun and a hell of a challenge for everyone (me included, having to actually teach all this stuff and make sure you guys understand every bit of it).

Last edited by Lunatique : 02 February 2010 at 01:07 PM.

Old 01 January 2010   #50
Wow. This is going to be awesome!

My Sketchbook

DSF

Old 01 January 2010   #51
Wow; this workshop is going to be excellent! ^^

Old 01 January 2010   #52
Thank you for all the hard work, I hope this workshop is wildly successful so that it is offered again later this year. I'm going to be traveling the first 3 weeks of this course so there's no way I could do it this time around. Crossing my fingers that I'll get the chance to work on this later this year.

Old 01 January 2010   #53
I'm mostly a lurker on this site, but this workshop looks AMAZING. I might have to take this.

Old 01 January 2010   #54
It looks like an interesting course.

Old 01 January 2010   #55
I just found out that I'm scheduled to go to LA Shock Trauma for a 6 wk class. They said I'll go anywhere from March to May. It's really intense training and I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate since I don't have a laptop to take with me to work on my assignments. I'll hope for the best. I would like to know when the official date is released. Thanks Robert.

Anatomy SB
Tumblr
Deviant Art

Old 01 January 2010   #56
I'm probably not supposed to give you guys a heads up since the official newsletter won't go out until this coming Monday, and the official promo won't go live on CGS until Wednesday, but since you guys have been waiting so patiently, I think I should give you guys a head start.

So here it is--the registration will go live this coming Monday, and the Workshop's starting date is March 8th (and lasts eight weeks). I can't post a link to it since it's not up yet, but if you guys check early Monday on CGS's Workshop section, you should see it listed for registration. If you act fast, you should be able to to get yourself enrolled. After Monday, it'll get harder because the newsletter will alert hundreds of thousands of other members about the workshop, and after Wednesday, it'll get even harder since the workshop will officially go live on CGS and EVERYONE will see it. Space is definitely limited so act fast.

But like the rest of you, I also hope the workshop will repeat over and over so those who couldn't make it this time will have more chances in the future.

At the moment, I'm doing final editing on the text & images portion, and I still have one long painting demonstration video to do, and then I'm all done.

Last edited by Lunatique : 01 January 2010 at 04:23 AM.

Old 01 January 2010   #57
Originally Posted by Lunatique: I'm probably not supposed to give you guys a heads up since the official newsletter won't go out until this coming Monday, and the official promo won't go live on CGS until Wednesday, but since you guys have been waiting so patiently, I think I should give you guys a head start.

So here it is--the registration will go live this coming Monday, and the Workshop's starting date is March 8th (and lasts eight weeks). I can't post a link to it since it's not up yet, but if you guys check early Monday on CGS's Workshop section, you should see it listed for registration. If you act fast, you should be able to to get yourself enrolled. After Monday, it'll get harder because the newsletter will alert hundreds of thousands of other members about the workshop, and after Wednesday, it'll get even harder since the workshop will officially go live on CGS and EVERYONE will see it. Space is definitely limited so act fast.

But like the rest of you, I also hope the workshop will repeat over and over so those who couldn't make it this time will have more chances in the future.

At the moment, I'm doing final editing on the text & images portion, and I still have one long painting demonstration video to do, and then I'm all done.

I'll be quick to attempt and register on Monday then. ^^

This is going to be very excellent!

Old 02 February 2010   #58
enrolled yeah, i´m so excited

Old 02 February 2010   #59
Registered too. Thoroughly looking forward to this! Thank you for the blood, sweat and tears, Robert. =)

Old 02 February 2010   #60
As ironic as this may sound, I really hate the fact that I wasn't fired from my office job yet (now they say Q3 2010).
I was really counting on that to be able to follow this workshop, but there simply is no time for me to combine it with my family, daytime job and school (Resigning myself simply isn't an option).
So I really hope this will be repeated in 6 months or so

reply share thread