White Prismacolor, what paper is best?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2008   #1
White Prismacolor, what paper is best?

Hey everyone,
I've seen a few really good drawings that are on like an oatmeal type of paper with graphite and a white prismacolor for highlights but I cant seem to find a paper that takes white prismacolor at all, does anyone know a good paper for this? Preferably in a sketchbook form?

Thanks a lot!
Lex

Old 08 August 2008   #2
i bet when you go to an art store they might have someone who knows. I didn't know white prisma colors will get you a vivid white (like white paint). Maybe post the pictures you're talking about?

Old 08 August 2008   #3
Thanks for they reply!
If you go to sketchtheater and check out Nikko's Sketch of the woman's face, towards the end is a perfect example of what Im talking about. He uses pencil on a oatmeal type paper and then a white pencil at the end for the highlights.
Thanks again,
L

http://www.sketchtheatre.com/?page_id=54

Old 08 August 2008   #4
Does it have to be prismacolor? What about conte? Hard pastel?

You usually want paper that has a bit of texture to it so it's easier to leave a mark, especially on areas you've already drawn on with another color.

The best thing to do is to visit your local art store and ask them to show you the kind of paper that fits what you want.

Old 08 August 2008   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread