Advertising Concepts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
Question Advertising Concepts

Hello All,
My mom has asked me to make a flyer for her about her pet sitting services, but im not quite sure anything about flyers or advertising.

Could anyone share any hints on effective flyer based advertising. I was thinking of using photoshop for this paticular job but im not sure yet.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
Hi there,

You could check this site for some example http://adsoftheworld.com/

There's a few techniques in advertising, for example AIDA, coherent drama, USP, testimonial and so on. In my opinion, it'll be fine to go with the AIDA layout, using contrary or sarcasm for some attention. Yea, I'm not a proffesional in this field but I do have some knowledge in copywriting. Hope that helps.

Old 02 February 2008   #3
Hi,

thanks for you help. I checked out the link and really liked the ads for vinyl is still alive .

I did look up AIDA; the attention part is easy, I can create that graphically. The other letters interest,desire, and action Im still not completely sure about. Could you explain?

thank you,
BenD

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Oh, they are pretty much say it all.

Normally people would generate interest from asking question. But asking the right question, you have to know your target client, their psychograph as well as demograph, which can be done by surveying or figuring from the norm.

After you get their interest, you just have to create their desire. Leave them wanting more, but make sure you get their attention and interest. So each and every step here is crucial, they are equally important and shouldn't be taken lightly.

For instance:
Interest - Feeling lonely?
Desire - Fear no more, because we have...

So your solution provide desire for them. The better solution that you offer, the greater is their desire.

Well, after they desire your offer, you just have to leave them your contact information, and allowing succinct call-to-action.

Bare in mind that the whole layout of the ad needs to be clear though, copywriter has to abide certain rule of layout design. In this case, just study from the link provided.

Old 03 March 2008   #5
Don't worry too much about it. Because it is a small business (right?). It doesn't really make sense to put so much thought into it. I worked at a small print shop for small businesse's for a while.

People like big letters, and simplicity, and cheese.

Old 03 March 2008   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread