A little confused?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
A little confused?

How's it going guys. Well, I just graduated from high school and really currently taking some drawing classes at my local community college. I know how to draw, and I'm familiar with Photoshop. I'm really interested in digital art...specifically like art seen in the book Expose 5. My question is, what school/classes or program do I need to get into to learn those kinds of things? I'm currently taking life drawing, and intro to animation classes, but I just really want to know what classes lead to the career that the artist in that book have. Thanks in advance.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
Those artists in Expose 5 use Photoshop or Painter (if they don't use any 3D application), and many of them have learned paint digitally through the internet alone (tutorials). So, you dont really need to take classes.

Old 02 February 2008   #3
It's usually Photoshop or Painter. Drawing/painting can be self-taught if you have the discipline and the right personality for it. Some people do better in classrooms, while others do better with books/DVD's/online tutorials on their own.

The artists in those books are from different industries (film, TV, games, animation, illustration, manufacturing, architecture...etc). Many of those pieces are personal works--unrelated to their day job. Their day jobs can range from animation, illustration, concept art, architectural/product/medical visualization, feature film special effects, comic books, modeling/texturing, level design...etc. The only thing they have in common is that they are all visual art done with digital tools. So, if you want to be an artist, you have to first figure out what industry you want to be in and doing what kind of a job.

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread