I like Tea.

portfolio
Yan Mongrain
Level Artist, 3D artist.
Ubisoft Montreal
Montreal, Canada

Send a message via MSN to Iryngo
Post Pearls of Wisdom addendum.

I would like to share my own, er, share of pearls. I'm writing them down here hoping that if any of you feels like it, we may share all those tidbits of wisdom.

The quotes i'll be placing here aren't at all from visual artists, or even artists at all. However, recently i've been finding myself surprised at how so many things are, after all, the same for everything, regardless of the discipline involved, and connected to other things we take for granted. The only things that changes are the way they're done and the order into wich they're performed (well, let's assume so for now..).

Physicists, writers, martial artists, it's easy to forget obvious lessons, and sometimes those remindful pieces of wisdom are just what's needed:

''Simple explanations are preferable to complex ones. '' - Okham's Razor (simplified)

''Each book has its own rules, its own ways, its own methods.'' - Rick DeMarinis

''Be a good blind date to your readers.'' - Vonnergut

''The only Valid Motive for writing (put: 'Drawing' here) is love. Write because you love, because you are obsessed with it.'' - DeMarinis

''Talent is long patience.'' -Gustave Flaubert

''Never express yourself more clearly than you think.'' - Neils Bohr

''To Better himself, man must be able to see himself as he really his, like in a mirror. That is the most singular purpose in art - to be a mirror.'' - Unknown

''Art's only real purpose is to make life become more interesting than art itself.'' - Unknown

'' If you think that you are not sure, then you have a chance to improve the situation.'' -Richard P. Feynmann

'' Worthwhile problems are the ones you can really help solve.'' - Richard P. Feynmann

(A funny one - )
''In physics, the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not shrouded by uncertainty cannot be the truth.''
-Richard P. Feynmann.

'' You can only, really create anythying if you're face-to-face with a question you have no answers for. '' - Edmond Baudoin

'' The Books gives you facts, but your imagination supplies them with life.'' - R.P. Feynmann

'' Creativity isn't measured in quality but in density.'' - Unknown

'' [Creating something] is like driving at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can drive across the entire country that way.'' - E.L. Doctorow

'' Why bother to write it if you already know?'' - DeMarinis

'' No Surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader.'' -Robert Frost

'' Be formless, shapless, like water. You put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, you put it in a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it down, it can pour or it can crash. Be water my friend.'' - Bruce Lee (!)

'' The creating individual is always more important than any established style or systems.'' - Unknown.

'' You don't begin with meaning - you end with it.'' - Rick DeMarinis

'' ... The form the artist uses and is drawn to is always the way he understands experience.'' - Rick DeMarinis

Let's share.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 AM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread