3d pattern images

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  01 January 2007
3d pattern images

I don't know the correct term for this, it's some generated pattern images that you usually see on the back of notebooks, when you stare at this seemingly meaningless pattern and slowly move it away from your face and do that long enough you see some 3d stuff. Anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, how does one convert standard 3d models into an image like that?
  01 January 2007
I believe they are called stereograms or autostereograms. Google "make stereogram" and you'll find a plethora of programs.

Cheers and here is to crossed-eyes. @_@
  01 January 2007
thanks! Hmm stereograms are hard to see from an lcd- could be because the eyes get tensed up or something.
  01 January 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.