"PAINTOVER PLEASE" - painted crits on demand - with Steven Stahlberg

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #16
very nice idea! so how long will this last?

Old 05 May 2006   #17
Demon Fetus

I live in Philadelphia. The 'Body Works' exibit just passed through at the Franklin Institute. The 'artist' makes art out of dead bodies. Real live dead bodies. Gunther Von Hagens. First Serious Photoshop illustration I've been working on. It consists of many layers, at least 15. For a more finished product, I think the guts need work, the body from the breasts down need work, the background maybe, Shadows, Highlights, and anything else. Make it look like a cenobite from hellraiser, whatever. Im kinda tired of messin' with it, though, it should be finished. I kick myself...

www.johnnyschihl.com

-johnny

Old 05 May 2006   #18
Quote: so how long will this last?

I make no guarantees, but could be as long as this one:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=108412
Up to 138 pages now

Here's the first:

And even though it's not quite what I had in mind (this one could actually fit better in my other thread, see above), I did a quick markup on this one as well:

Jaw seems to become narrower at the lower edge when the tissue there stretches (about 1 cm inward on each side, at the same time a part of the jaw hidden behind the zygomatic arch emerges and bulges the cheek out

Old 05 May 2006   #19
This is what I call as a extremely nice idea Steven! You are an amazing artist and any help from you would be very helpful

I also have an image I would like to be overpainted. I've been stuck with it for awhile and it would be great if you could help me out.

But as there already is 4 images in a row, I'll just have to wait

-Juhani

Old 05 May 2006   #20
Hi!

It seems that there isn't 4 untreated pieces in a row anymore So I guess I'll post mine.

I'm stuck with it, not too fond of the facial expression and don't have a clue on what to do to her torso. So it would be great if you could help me out Just do what you see as best for it.

-Juhani

Old 05 May 2006   #21
tack så mycket Steven i appriciate the paintover even if it wasnt what u had in mind . i ll post the progress of the character in the body topology thread .

Rendering the universe...plz wait
with regards your neigborhood martian

Old 05 May 2006   #22
Quote: Defcombeta:
this is a peice im working on right now, i have spent some time on it and im very near the end i think so ill post it for you to have a gander, i do view any input as gold dust and its always good to get a slaping about to wake one up as it were

No slapping about needed, your image really doesn't need much in the way of a paintover... I love it. Some small anatomy issues but that could be down to the style, if you like it that way... a bit Aeon Fluxy perhaps. Just her right fist, check your own in a mirror, the knuckles slanting so that the pinkie end of the hand seems too long.

cuatemoc69, your concept is very nice. Maybe you should follow it more closely, redder and more disorderly hair, the makeup around the eyes, removing the gun... does she need a weapon? Perhaps a poisoned crooked dagger would be more suitable. Also, I think her head seems too small for her body, while in your concept painting it looks about right. (I won't paint on it this time, because images like these are better commented in text I think)

Old 05 May 2006   #23
Hello

I didnt get stuck on this one, but never knew why people didnt like it so i figure its because there is something really wrong with it.

These is about two friends, she is a raptor but i didnt want to make her agresive since she isnt really dangerous and following that i tryed to avoid any colors about danger or precaution.

And he is a "cartoon" character like a hunchback (he has a much bigger eye than the other and he has two big rounded teeth with the mouth pulled to the right), he represents inocense so he is actually calmed about being grabed by her tayl.

Also thought pastel bright colors on the background woudnt contrast the scene too much (but im not to efficient in backgrounds)

Great topic, its something the forums needed
Thanks in advance if you pick my image up

Last edited by Glenfx : 05 May 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Old 05 May 2006   #24
This is super! I'm really stuck on an image (well it's more of a composition issue) and this thread is -so- what I needed! I don't want be hasty though, I'm going to try and fix what I think I can and then post here. Thank you so much!

Old 05 May 2006   #25
Is this the answer to my prayers? Hehe!
It seems no matter how hard I try something is always wonky with my faces and this is one of them. Even a written description would be fine if you don't want to do a paintover.
Here it is.

I honestly thought I nailed it, but I was clearly wrong.
Thanks very much for your time!

Old 05 May 2006   #26
Steven!That Cat and Faerie piece is really touching ! what a paintover !by god!

Old 05 May 2006   #27
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=324713&goto=newpost

Since I post the WIP with overall texture applied, I didn't receive any comments.
Actually I would like to make him more fierce, but just for me it is really don't know how to "spoil" something, like adding a scar, or tattoo....

Also have a background setup.

It may look good with your "paintover"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new-6.jpg (92.7 KB, 860 views)
File Type: jpg new-5.jpg (72.7 KB, 438 views)

Old 05 May 2006   #28
Arrow

Stahlberg, you are amazing That's a greeeat help for people, and a good way to make your name even more renowned...what else can u ask for?

Old 05 May 2006   #29
Really fantastic idea! Thanks for taking the time to do this many will (myself included) benifit from watching the transformantion.

Old 05 May 2006   #30
This is a piece I have been stuck on for a while. Was wondering if you could help me with her dress possibly, background, ground, any anatomy or light problems.
Anything at all would be greatly appreciated. I am glad and thankful that you are helping others.

Thread Closed share thread