what is this style called?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  01 January 2006
what is this style called?

Hi. I am new to art in general.

Is there a particular name for the style used in this image (especially the ones
on the left and right)? Something more specific then just "Fantasy"?

When looking for web tutorials or local art classes, I woud like to narrow down
my search by knowing what style/techniques to look for to get me started with
this style. Thanks.

  01 January 2006
Don Seegmiller is a well known concept artist. It looks like you want to go into the 'concept art' area- Concept art is art designed specifically for something, for example, films or games.

It's similar to illustration. As for the actual art style....that's generally known as 'illustration' style. Look up famous illustrators, don seegmiller for one: www.seegmillerart.com.
  01 January 2006
Thanks for that information paperclip.
  01 January 2006
Ay Captain, Concept art be the answer arrrrr
Those who wish to live, Deserve to fight
Those who will not fight, Do not deserve to live
  01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Society of Digital Artists

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.