Making a Comic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #46
Really outstanding tutorial! Love your work

Old 01 January 2006   #47
Most excellant tutorial with lots of very usefull info.

Today I have now learned something new from somebody that knows! Thanks.

Old 01 January 2006   #48
[QUOTE=Bonedaddy]
On the note of comics coloring, my friend Matt (Hollingsworth), who was colorist for Daredevil, Alias, Preacher, [QUOTE]

oooh, I know a guy who knows a guy, who's a colorist at Marvel! Whooooo!
I love Hollingsworth's colors, tell him.....

BTW Eliseu, great great great tut!

*sergiokomicDOTcom*

Old 01 January 2006   #49
The humility you put into making a comic book's really inspiring. You're doing it simply because you love doing it. That's just awesome. Tnx for sharing.

Old 01 January 2006   #50
Every comic artist that I know has at least one of these printed by their studio desk.

This is the wally Woods 22 Panels that always work.

http://toadking.org/images/2004/05/22panels.JPG

enjoy

Old 01 January 2006   #51
Question

eliseu: You have done great job! Thx.

I must say I didnt plan to do any comic sequential artwork (namely because I suck at drawing so much ). But I was allways very interested in the workflow of comic artists!

One thing which is still unclear to me how the hell someone can reach the level of skill (and how) for drawing anything from any angle one can imagine?! Any suggestions how to develop skill like this?

Im also very interested in the process of establishing of a single shot. Do you have your scene in the head so clearly you just sit down and draw it from imagination or is it some kind of battle with perspective, posing of characters,composition? I realized that its almost impossible for me to make full scene with enviroment, character(s) not just stupid background color...

Cheers

Old 01 January 2006   #52
great stuff my friend, great stuff indeed

Old 01 January 2006   #53
Ok people keep an eye on this thread.
We will post the micro challenge thread soon.

-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 01 January 2006   #54
Cool

very informative! thanks a lot!

Old 01 January 2006   #55
Hi!

I've been lurking about CGSociety for sometime now and only recently I joined the club. SO I'm still considered as a Newbie. As much as I am a 3D animator, I also like making comics (did some pages for my big brother's web comic). This tutorial has got to be one of the most detailed tutorials for making a comic that I've seen and I very much like it, most especially the Tech stuff that you mentioned. It was really helpful. I just hope there's more on coloring. I want to learn more about it.

@biscuitcleaver: I also have that here at home. It's very useful in paneling.

Old 01 January 2006   #56
Ooo..tutorials are so wonderful!
And it's very interesting to see how people from other contries do them.. I just got finished looking at a book with a tutorial by a Japanese artist..This one is much more informative, though.
Now I just need to get off my fat butt and make some comics myself~ *cries*

Old 03 March 2006   #57
Awesome tutorial
Btw, can someone tell me what the live, trim and bleed are in centimeters?
Thanks!
~Skurai

"you can't see until you learn how to open your eyes"

Old 03 March 2006   #58
YOur art is beatiful and the tutorial is helpful. Thank You.

from writing to “lettering”, my pencil breakdowns are usually hideous. I´m not planning on showing them to anyone, so I can cut me some slack .

Trust me, compared to some others, one who'll remain anomious , your's looks like the freakin' sistine chapel...................

Old 03 March 2006   #59
An enjoyable + informative read ! Thanks

Also, the way you wrote it made me laugh several times (don't worry, it's a haha-FUNNY! and not haha-stupid). Much better than serious articles out there (which puts me to Aurora-sleep)

Old 11 November 2006   #60
Hey, great tutorial, and really enjoyable as well. (it made me grin from time to time)

I was just curious since ive seen many comic scripts, and all of them are written in a single block (somtimes you loose track on where you are while reading, and writing the script is a bit of a mess)

So I was thinking about making scripts for comics in the way they are presented to film and television.
Ive allways hated the comic script block format since ive never got really involved in it (reading/writing) while in the film/tv format its much clear to read and gives much more room for interpretation since its very clean.

EDIT: deleted the example since the forums removes the extra spaces -_-

Last edited by Glenfx : 11 November 2006 at 08:35 PM.

Thread Closed share thread