Anyone tested the difference between: Wacom Graphire3, Graphire bluethooth, Intuos3?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
It certainly looks cool, too bad I got my Intuos one week before it was announced!
I'm not regretting the buy, I absolutely am in love with it, but one plus about the graphire is the transparent cover, which the Intuos doesn't have (it used to, but now it's an opaque grey).
I hope they don't announce a new Intuos right now, cause they just overhauled Volito and Graphire.

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by DrFx: It certainly looks cool, too bad I got my Intuos one week before it was announced!
I'm not regretting the buy, I absolutely am in love with it, but one plus about the graphire is the transparent cover, which the Intuos doesn't have (it used to, but now it's an opaque grey).
I hope they don't announce a new Intuos right now, cause they just overhauled Volito and Graphire.

oh no you got no worries, id get an intuos over a graphire anyday if i could afford it, but since i cant this new graphire 4 seems to be a good option
and have fun with your new intuos!

10 October 2005
Who needs a tablet when you can get a pen mouse!

So awesome

10 October 2005
i think I'll stick with my tablet, it doesn't look very comfortable

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by Swordsman: Who needs a tablet when you can get a pen mouse!

So awesome

LOL thats a funny looking mouse!

10 October 2005
heya, guys

has any1 of u used wacom graphire 2? I have it borrowed from school right now (A6 format), so I want to ask if u had the same experience like me... This would be when i try to draw a slow and precise line, it ends up totally shaky and, well far away from being straight... its sort of slipping too much on the surface due to its very fine graininess or whatever... Is it really because of the surface or could it be my clumsiness and lack of experience with using it? Can it be helped with drawing on it for a longer time? I've had it for something over a week now. When I do quicker strokes, it's fine, but on the other hand it's a bit hard for me to aim them with maximum precision... If u'd have the time, plz visit my gallery at deviantart and look at some of the drawings i made using it (it is stated in the comment), u'd help me very much.

10 October 2005
The graphire has some great features. But if anyone has ever used the Intuos, going back to a graphire just is not acceptable.
There is HALF the pressure sensitivity of a Intuos and it does not have tilt recognition.
For me this makes a huge difference. and as far as I know you cant use the 6D pen with the graphires as well. Simply put... It is not made for Pros.
Mabe for some it does not matter and saving money is more important. For me spending the xtra cash was worth it. My last tablet from Wacom lasted 8 years. It was a good investment. They are well put together products and at any level will be great.
I would assume that a serious professional would just not be willing to compromise longterm quiality for a short term savings. Wait and save for the Intuos.

Look at the feature list at Wacom and decide for yourself.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread