Anyone tested the difference between: Wacom Graphire3, Graphire bluethooth, Intuos3?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2005
Anyone tested the difference between: Wacom Graphire3, Graphire bluethooth, Intuos3?

Hey there

Having a bluetooth wacom sounds great. That very long wire (intuos 3 which I have tested) can be nasty.
However, I have also tested Graphire3 (the bluetooth is supposed to be a graphire3 also), and Intuos feels much softer when you draw.

Has anyone tested the bluetooth-version, and can give us an opinion?

thx
Haider

09 September 2005
The graphires have less levels of pressure sensitivity and don't record tilt.
The blue tooth also cut out and skipped a lot.
For me it was impossible to work with.
Stick with the intuos if you are serious about computer graphics.

I retuned mine after one day.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

09 September 2005
If you don't have enough money for intous buy graphire3 xl, it will be ok for serious work.

09 September 2005
I think the intous series of tablets are the only tablets to get... graphire is great if you want a pointing device.

09 September 2005
I've worked with graphires at home (I've got an A5 graphire3 currently) and intuos tablets at work and since I'm not a fan of the tilt function at all, I have to say that the only notable difference for me is that intuos is a bit more comfortable to use due to the better pen and the surfacing of the tablet which feels somehow more tactile. But the results I get with the tablets are identical to me, I have never noticed the difference of pressure levels.

I've never really tried that many bluetooth devices but I had big problems with connecting my bt phone to pc and generally I've heard a lot of nasty stuff said about bt devices... So I really wouldn't count on a bluetooth tablet for professional work for now . For laptop use a bt tablet could be a cool choice though.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by DonaldKasper: I think the intous series of tablets are the only tablets to get... graphire is great if you want a pointing device.

If Graphire3 is a pointing device to you then obvioulsy you don't know how to use tablet, or simply can't draw.

09 September 2005
for coloring they both don't feel much different. Intuos are obviously more comfortable I agree. When doing line drawings tho I can't get graphire to respond as good as intuos. Most of the time, graphire gives me ok ease-in pressure but for some reason if I try to do ease-out, the result is as if I just lift the pen off instead of slowy fading out. My Intuos doesn't have this problem

09 September 2005
I just recently picked up a graphire bluetooth for my iBook, so far I love it. I haven't had any issues with connectivity as of yet, but then again I rarely use it more than 3' (1m) from the iBook.

As far as comparing it to other tablets…the last one I used was a 4x5 Calcomp Drawing Slate II that connected via ADB! obviously it's been a while since I used that one

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by Dr. Ira Kane: If Graphire3 is a pointing device to you then obvioulsy you don't know how to use tablet, or simply can't draw.

Settle down, by stating the graphire is a pointing device, I think he was implying that it's ok as an alternative to a mouse, but not good enough to use in any artistic capacity.

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by NightSky: Settle down, by stating the graphire is a pointing device, I think he was implying that it's ok as an alternative to a mouse, but not good enough to use in any artistic capacity.

um. im pretty sure you can do fantastic art with a graphire. you dont need the topest model of tablets just to paint a good image. some people even do it with mouses and it comes out amazing. stop bashing graphires.

oompaloompasarecool.deviantart.com

09 September 2005
Originally Posted by NightSky: Settle down, by stating the graphire is a pointing device, I think he was implying that it's ok as an alternative to a mouse, but not good enough to use in any artistic capacity.

I know what he meant, if I didn't have any experience I wouldn't write this, but I have, and statements like the one he wrote are simply crap, Graphire 3 are enough sensitive to paint or draw, but as I said if someone can't draw with pencil, even the best tablet will be 'not sensitive enough' or uncomfortable. That's my opininion and I'm not going to discuss that anymore here, cheers guys and take care !

09 September 2005

Then he'd be wrong.

09 September 2005
Wow, what happened here? people getting snotty over the diference of tablets, how petty.

the graphire is obviously a servicable tablet otherwise a proud company like wacom would discontinue it, Ive used one but I didnt find it as sensitiv as I wanted, jumped quite a bit, but I suspect that was the owners hardware. for about 3 months after that I kept using a mouse for my artwork, but because of the need for increased priductivity at uni I shelled out for an intuos3 A4... first thing I noticed was how delicious the surface felt... I still stroke it every so often, the absolute positioning was like a dream come true and the pen felt good in my hand.

the graphire was okay but the intuos is just divine, worth the steep price.

on a ise note... never get a trust tablet... I would rather draw with my own blood than use one them again.
What it seems'
- Dean R Koontz -

www.shanefirth.com

09 September 2005
No ones getting "snotty" about the difference in tablets- the Intuos range are the top of the line (unless you fancy selling your house to buy a Cintiq.), everyone knows that, but statements like..

Quote: I think the intous series of tablets are the only tablets to get... graphire is great if you want a pointing device.

Quote: not good enough to use in any artistic capacity.

Are simply not true, that's all.

And yes, Trust are a bit dodgy in my experience.

-Steve

09 September 2005
one of my house mates got a trust tablet thinking shed get a good tablet for cheap... she ended up using it as a tea tray... hehehe... it actually seemed to work abit better after gravy was spilt all over it
What it seems'
- Dean R Koontz -

www.shanefirth.com

Thread Closed share thread