Dominance war = no rules

portfolio
Albert Feliu Gomis
character lead
Rocksteady
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to DDS
Arrow

I think that it all MAINLY depends on the subject itself. No matter where it's from.

Anyways I have a slight taste tendence to eastern ones...I can even say they're hot with a pullover that arrives until their chin, which is difficult in western ones...but I don't know if it's because that is difficult to see in western style, which always show the most flesh they can.

Asian culture itself is often more attractive than western. I think it's like comparing fast food and 5 stars french restaurant.
Of course there are A LOT of people that prefers fast food
(obviously the metaphor itself isn't focused to compare our food with theirs).

Anyways, answering the question of this thread, I'd say that all the beauties that get 4-5 stars here in cgtalk from korean/chinese artists are often my favourites.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 PM   #62
groutcho
Cucumbersome

portfolio
Sebastien Guimmara
3D technical artist
Toulouse, France

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS
I can even say they're hot with a pullover that arrives until their chin

Eh eh It's exactly the same for me, the bigger the pullover is, the hottest the girl. Maybe it's some conceptual beauty instead of physical beauty. Maybe the fact that the girl doesn't want to show her body, to keep some mystery around her, is more appealing that just seeing breasts and asses (since they're just matter, hmm ok great matter) Psychic constructions are always far more powerful than reality, because they are mush closer to the brain needs.

About some universal beauty : Maybe a "template" for perfect beauty is crypted in our DNA, and the closer the woman is to this DNA template, the prettier she seems. And don't forget we are still animals, with huge psychic constraints. For example, I'm white, and I tend to prefer white european girls, because their DNA is closer to mine, and animals tends to reproduce with the same genetic features. However, I'm a human too, and for this, I'm able to put a distance between what my instinct tells me (She is beautiful, according to my DNA) and what my consciousness tells me (She is beautiful, according to my ideals and intellectual views). As a mediterranean male, there is an old trend which leads men to dominate woman for sexual hidden reasons. But as my consciousness tells me : woman are equal. So i tend to hate submissive poses in photographs, and everything that -slightly or not- appeals to this domination trend.

- Groutcho

Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 PM   #63
Flog
Lord of the posts

Shawn
Tech
Booyakah Animation
Austin,

Send a message via AIM to Flog
Asian, European, Western

The most beautiful women are Latin women!!! LOL.

I'd like to see renditions of Latin Women in 3d!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 11:20 PM   #64
onlooker
philosopherExtraordinaire

long live Darrell
PHX, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatique
That "secret" is really just their subjective taste in women. They (and most Asians) are into delicate, feminine, and soft features, with flawless, youthful fair skin, and no "excessiveness" in the facial features (for example, bee-stung Angelina Jolie lips, super-sharp cheek bones you can grate a block of cheese on..etc). Women like Pamela Anderson, Julia Roberts..etc might be considered Goddesses in the west, but to most Asian eyes, they have excessive features that are "too much" for their subjective taste. But in the west, these "excessiveness" are treasured as a sign of individuality and uniqueness. Another example would be that some westerners think that freckles are cute, but Asians can't stand freckles and think they destroy perfect skin and look diseased. Europeans' sense of beauty is generally more accepted in Asia, as there are more similarities in the subjective tastes of Asia and Europe.

Although Asians share similar tastes in women, the reason why the Koreans stand out with their work from other Asian countries is because they are on par with Japan technically, but the Japanese are usually too preoccupied with anime/manga influences, and that stylized look is highly subjective, and not always accepted universally. The Chinese and the other Asian countries are behind technically and creatively, so it'll be a while before they catch up to Korea and Japan--IF they ever catch up.

I must admit. I love freckled women.

I got CULT status baby!

Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #65
Antropus
"It's a Puzzle!"

portfolio
Krishnamurti Costa
Senior Digital Modeler
ILM
San Francisco, USA

Naaaaa... here's the most beautiful (and sexy) one:

Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 AM   #66
jmBoekestein
likes a flower =)...

portfolio
Jan Mark Boekestein
Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to jmBoekestein Send a message via AIM to jmBoekestein Send a message via MSN to jmBoekestein
I just looooove moles on older women...

Nice hooters too. OOooow baby, ahm duuumed...
modelling practice #1

Old 07-12-2005, 02:27 AM   #67
nomorehere
Boondoggler
portfolio
No More
Hobart, Australia

Question

Quote:
An interesting contrast about skin darkness is the differenc between the east and west. In America and Europe, suntan is something to be admired by most, and people bake themselves under the sun, risking skin cancer, accelerated aging, sun spots, freckles, wrinkles..etc to get that suntanned look. In Asia, it's the total opposite. Except for a small minority, most Asians hate suntans. They feel that darker skin is very peasant like, and fair skin is more "elegant and classy." They also can't stand freckles and sunspots, because they see them as "diseased."

I recall something on this from several years back; so I am a little vague on the details. In Northern Europe (or UK?) originally fairer skin was preferred due to peasant/middle class dictomy. Suntans being indicative of outdoor lifestyle. But when travel to warmer climes kicked off for the middle class suntans where in because it meant you could afford to go on holidays to Spain etc. So the prefence for fair vs suntan changed due to social and economic change.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #68
DrFx
Bloodlust

portfolio
Carlos Félix
3d generalist
Open University
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to DrFx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybirn
That website has come up before, and I should mention that it is worthless BS.

Hear, hear! I heard of that kind of stuff on one of Desmond Morris' documentaries (whom I really admire), but never saw the logic in it. The Fibonacci "golden ratio" is a proportion that relates to normal growth as it occurs in nature, so any creature that grows without serious health problems will show that underlying pattern. It is quite simple to observe in non-complex plants and animals like snails, but not much so in humans.
One must also make a distinction between BEAUTY and ATTRACTION, because they're not the same and there has been some confusion about it in this thread. Although attraction is related to beauty, it is defined by how much a person feels that another one could succesfully reproduce with him/her and ensure their progeny's survival.
I put it rather bluntly, but that explains why sometimes we may find a person beautiful, but not (sexually) attractive. - for me, this is for ex. Nicole Kidman, or Giselle BŁndchen.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #69
DrFx
Bloodlust

portfolio
Carlos Félix
3d generalist
Open University
London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to DrFx
Quote:
Originally Posted by groutcho
For example, I'm white, and I tend to prefer white european girls, because their DNA is closer to mine, and animals tends to reproduce with the same genetic features.

To an extent, I think. Actually diversity generates stronger children (more immune, less prone to genetic defects), so many people find other "exotic" races extremely attractive! I'm Eurasian, and I love blondes and freckles!!! ...despite what anyone might say...

Old 07-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #70
Peddy
Tricksy and False

portfolio
Peter Davis
3d Artist
Brisbane, Australia

whether we like it or not, we bring too much baggage to the table when talking about beauty. a universal 'most beautiful' is nonsense IMO. It's like saying something is perfect. its mathematically impossible for something to be perfect to everyone. and the probability that one 'template' exists which is superior than any other to everyone of every age, sex and ethnicity is nil to zero.

Old 08-29-2005, 04:34 AM   #71
Shanku
I do this... and that too

Kenny Kuang
3D Generalist
Canada

Quote:
Although Asians share similar tastes in women, the reason why the Koreans stand out with their work from other Asian countries is because they are on par with Japan technically, but the Japanese are usually too preoccupied with anime/manga influences, and that stylized look is highly subjective, and not always accepted universally. The Chinese and the other Asian countries are behind technically and creatively, so it'll be a while before they catch up to Korea and Japan--IF they ever catch up.

Hmm.. To be honest, I think that chinese style is not really, um, widely known because they aren't widely spread around the world. But in my opinion, as I look through many chinese art, they always had a cute and yet realistic. I have seen many game cover arts, or even watercolor comics they had back in HK or TW. Here is an example of a chinese style:

These are arts from Heise. http://heise.deviantart.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Backlight_girl__by_heise.jpg (16.4 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg Girl_by_heise.jpg (36.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Martial_arts_girl_by_heise.jpg (50.3 KB, 122 views)

Old 08-30-2005, 03:53 AM   #72
Stahlberg
Lord of the posts

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Steven Stahlberg
Lead Artist
Streamline Studios
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote:
hahahaha DUDE! I'm actually amazed. How can someone go through all that time in 3D without modelling something that's not a scandally clad person? (sorry, don't want 1929 biting me in the ass...but to clarify: not male)

Thanks. Here's an equally valid question - How can someone go through all that time in life without picking up some sense and manners?
(And wtf is 1929? The year Equador granted suffrage?)

Quote:
That website has come up before, and I should mention that it is worthless BS.

The connection to math is obviously BS, but the mask itself seems to have SOME pragmatic worth for real life situations. (Though that mask should probably be blurry instead of sharp, signifying a statistical distribution. I also noted that I had to tweak the asian and african profiles quite a bit, like you said they were too close to the caucasian one.)
Quote:
These days, the general thinking tends to be that there's a universal notion of beauty which is true for people around the world.

From here: http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/ler...oi05_index.html
Bit more than two-thirds down the page.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:10 AM   #73
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlberg
From here: http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/ler...oi05_index.html
Bit more than two-thirds down the page.

Wow, I learned about Sonic the Hedgehog!

"Take, for instance, these children with a single eye in the middle of their foreheads. The syndrome is called, appropriately, Cyclopia. Cyclopia is caused by a deficiency in a gene called Sonic hedgehog. Sonic hedgehog is named after a fruit fly gene which when mutated causes bristles to sprout all over the fruit fly larva, hence "hedgehog". When the gene was found in mammals, some wit called it Sonic hedgehog after the video game character. If you get rid of this gene, bad things happen. You lose your arms beneath the elbow and legs beneath the knee. The face collapses in on itself, such that you get a single eye in the middle of the forehead and the rest of the face collapses into a long, trunk-like proboscis. The forebrain, which is normally divided such that we have a left and a right brainóthe left and right cerebral hemispheresóis fused into a single unitary structure. Indeed the technical name for this syndrome is called Holoprosencephaly.

Now all this is very horrible, and actually that's just an initial list of things that can go wrong in infants that have no Sonic hedgehog. But what's really interesting about it is that by looking at infants of this sort you can reverse-engineer and ask what Sonic hedgehog does in the embryo. Instantly it tells you that one of the things that Sonic hedgehog does is to keep our eyes apart because if you don't have the gene the face collapses. It also separates the left and and right sides of our brains. And it's needed for the formation of our arms and legs. In fact, it is one of the most ubiquitous and powerful molecules in the making of our bodies."

Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #74
Metrini
Veteran
J Warner
Aspiring FX animator
United Kingdom

Send a message via AIM to Metrini Send a message via Yahoo to Metrini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flog
Asian, European, Western

The most beautiful women are Latin women!!! LOL.

I'd like to see renditions of Latin Women in 3d!!!

I hear that! Seems we black females aren't portrayed at all in 3d! Must be our sterotypical big noses or lips or butts. *shrug*

Old 08-30-2005, 03:55 PM   #75
Yourworstnightmare
Max and MR

Not Applicable
Santiago, Dominican Republic

I'd go for Asian women other than American women any day. I'd also go for European women rather than American women because of this.

Sadly, for the most part this is the truth.

Thread Closed share thread