Who has Seen the Most Beautiful Women Rendered in 3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepy
I admire the work made on that model, but there's something I don't like about her. She remind me of Keanu Reeves.

I thought the same thing. It's Keanu with bigger lips.

/Martin

Old 07 July 2005   #47
Quote:
She remind me of Keanu Reeves. Each time I see that picture I imagine Neo saying: Woh!

You are so right Jeepy, you pinpointed it for me, I think the model is beautifully made but I too felt something, it's like a boyish with feminine traits and girlish with masculine traits, but I still think it's beautifull.

Oh and Clanger, yes some men can judge beauty in other men, my gay friends for example and my boyfriend, he's an artist, so I think he look at human body and faces more like a sculpture, he sometimes agree when I say that a man is handsome, doesn't matter men or women, although, we don't always have the same taste, viggo is up there for me too... (with jonny of course). I think it depends on men, I find it funny when a men think it's "gay" or would say "I dunno, I'm not gay" when you ask them if they find this guy or actor handsome.

I forgot to include the link to the website of Francisco Cortina, he kick butts when it comes to human cg character and textures... http://www.cortinadigital.com/

Last edited by Milou : 07 July 2005 at 10:41 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milou
Oh and Clanger, yes some men can judge beauty in other men

All men can see beauty in other men, if not there's something seriously wrong with em.

I saw on discovery (or maybe NGC) once that there's a rule that defines beauty (well we call it beauty) worldwide.
From research scientist discovered there can be put a measured out wireframe on a human face that should be the blueprint of the ultimate beauty.
It's all about symetry and scale between eyes, nose, mouth and the jawline and thanx to the research scientist found out this mask is defined as most atractive in the whole world and is accepted by every culture and rase, same goes for the human body BTW.
It's not about the exact measurements, but the scale between features compaired to eachother, like width of eyes compaired to width of nose compaired to width of mouth, and it would fit on every 'beautifull/atractive' human being worldwide.

edit: here's the website: http://www.beautyanalysis.com/index2_mba.htm

Last edited by Rudeone : 07 July 2005 at 12:36 AM.

Old 07 July 2005   #49
Quote:
It's not about the exact measurements, but the scale between features compaired to eachother
It's "Proportion"

Old 07 July 2005   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubian
helen parr is the hottest

I must agree elastigirl is one of the finest

Old 07 July 2005   #51
For all of you that said Elastic girl is your idea of the hottest--were you guys being tongue-in-cheek? Because if she actually existed in reality looking like that, you'd be really weirded out by her.

Old 07 July 2005   #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeone
All men can see beauty in other men, if not there's something seriously wrong with em.

It's not a matter of not seeing beauty in other men it's seeing differently to the women around me.
I know if I had to pick a top ten out of a 100 my choice would be completely different to my sister's or girlfriend's.
That's what puzzled me.

Old 07 July 2005   #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clanger
It's not a matter of not seeing beauty in other men it's seeing differently to the women around me.
I know if I had to pick a top ten out of a 100 my choice would be completely different to my sister's or girlfriend's.
That's what puzzled me.

I understood that, I replied on Milou saying SOME men can see the beauty in other men.

@ashakarc: euhm yeah that's what I meant

Old 07 July 2005   #54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimensionalPunk
Stahlberg's got some beauties.

hahahaha DUDE! I'm actually amazed. How can someone go through all that time in 3D without modelling something that's not a scandally clad person? (sorry, don't want 1929 biting me in the ass...but to clarify: not male)

Old 07 July 2005   #55
Quote:

I saw on discovery (or maybe NGC) once that there's a rule that defines beauty (well we call it beauty) worldwide.
From research scientist discovered there can be put a measured out wireframe on a human face that should be the blueprint of the ultimate beauty.
It's all about symetry and scale between eyes, nose, mouth and the jawline and thanx to the research scientist found out this mask is defined as most atractive in the whole world and is accepted by every culture and rase, same goes for the human body BTW.
It's not about the exact measurements, but the scale between features compaired to eachother, like width of eyes compaired to width of nose compaired to width of mouth, and it would fit on every 'beautifull/atractive' human being worldwide.

hey yall. long time lurker, first time poster.

here's some more on that marquadt beauty mask:

http://goldennumber.net/beauty.htm

http://goldennumber.net/face.htm

ever since i read da vinci code a couple of years back i'm quite fascinated by this stuff. i didnt know about all the phi/golden number/golden rule stuff before. it also dovetails nicely with the conspiracy-theorist in me.

Old 07 July 2005   #56
Thumbs up

Well one of my favourites is this one:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227983

Maybe also, because she is a bit of all worlds...

Somtimes i find asian "pretty" girls boring, maybe thats because i am european...
But in the end you can see beatuy in alot things.
CG girls are most of the time to perfect, at least in my oppionion, but artist are getting there. Still its not often that a cg girl makes a big impression on me.

Well, but i know, my taste in girls, real or cg, is mad, most of the time, i dont have the same wavelength it seems like most western guys have...

Anyway, a interesting to read topic, very nice one!

Old 07 July 2005   #57
Quote:

That website has come up before, and I should mention that it is worthless BS. The person who did that "research" is not much of a scientist, and not even close to being an artist.

Look at that pathetic page he calls "the evidence" and how he picks for example an african woman with very western facial features and proportions, when in reality a lot of georgeous women in africa and asia have much broader noses than that scientist prefers, but he just chooses someone very a-typical as his example in order to gloss over that diversity from his norms. A lot of georgeous women also have much fuller lips than his mask dictates, but he just superimposes the mask over the woman that would have cut her lower lip in half, and then pretends that the mask is the sign of beauty not the fuller lips that deviate from it.

Also note how the women he features are never a "10" - being very average mostly pushes someone towards being an 8 or so... lacking obvious defects, but not having that "extra something" eye-catching or noteworthy which artists are always trying to pursue and which that scientist seems not to notice at all.

-jeremy

Old 07 July 2005   #58
The theory is quite sound however, look at how consistently plants and animals alike, provided they live in regions where there's light to see form, grow in the 'golden' ratio. His implementation is general and topical but not at all wrong.

All science is an approxmimation, not an absolute. He's only denominating, I say he's right. But I also say you are right in the fact that something special needs to be there, but I'm guessing you could find the sme ratio along those faces the mask would look differently yes, but still with the same underlying geometric guidelines.
modelling practice #1

Old 07 July 2005   #59
I don't have reference, but I know of some interesting scientific studies that show that a person's ideal beauty -- and don't be too weirded out by this -- is basically their parents. Ideal features and beauty are established when you are in infancy, based on who you see, and since you see your parents the most their features get melded together to form a 'perfect' mate.

Of course, this is for individuals and many people feel the need to conform to a 'national' or 'cultural' standard of beauty so we develop those, but I think that in reality each person is very different, and there is scientific evidence that beauty is based on who you see most as an infant.

Just thought you'd like to know...

Old 07 July 2005   #60
hey guys check out the gallery of Michael W. Ford! --> www.darknymph.com
my favourite: http://www.darknymph.com/images/butterfly.jpg

greetz

Thread Closed share thread