Who has Seen the Most Beautiful Women Rendered in 3D

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #16
Lunatique, you make really interesting points, which leads me to ask: do the Eastern men have an equivalent to the Madonna/Whore Complex? This has been preoccupation with Western culture for many centuries...sort of a strange conflicting duality that has Christian themes. For instance, as a American guy, I think Nicole Kidman is extremely beautiful, likewise, Angelina Jolie. However, Nicole imbues an ethereal delicate quality (much like you mention is preferred in the East) while Angelina has a strong wild sexuality to her. And, from a western view, this applies to Asian women too. I think Zhang Ziyi is beautiful, likewise, Lucy Liu. While Zhang is pure and enchanting, Lucy is sexy and aggressive. I guess, in short, do Eastern men find images of strong aggressive female sexuality aesthetically unappealing?

Old 07 July 2005   #17
When you talk about ethereal I think Cate Blanchett scores higher than Kidman, though I think both are not sublimely beautiful, but they are sublime actresses.

As far as Angelina Jolie is concerned: I don't see her beauty. Even if she is all natural, when I see her my Plastic Fantastic alarmbells go off. She looks artificial and doesn't do a thing for me.

Actually I can't agree with lunatique on the topic of european taste. When I look at a magazine I see more of excess than of restraint. While I like style and smoothness I have to admit I have a soft spot for red curls and freckles :-)

Old 07 July 2005   #18
Originally Posted by danielh68: Lunatique, you make really interesting points, which leads me to ask: do the Eastern men have an equivalent to the Madonna/Whore Complex? This has been preoccupation with Western culture for many centuries...sort of a strange conflicting duality that has Christian themes. For instance, as a American guy, I think Nicole Kidman is extremely beautiful, likewise, Angelina Jolie. However, Nicole imbues an ethereal delicate quality (much like you mention is preferred in the East) while Angelina has a strong wild sexuality to her. And, from a western view, this applies to Asian women too. I think Zhang Ziyi is beautiful, likewise, Lucy Liu. While Zhang is pure and enchanting, Lucy is sexy and aggressive. I guess, in short, do Eastern men find images of strong aggressive female sexuality aesthetically unappealing?

There's a famous saying in Chinese (it's a modern one, not a traditional one), and it's "The perfect woman is a woman who's an elegant lady in public, a good housewive at home, and a whore in bed." I think that sums it up pretty well as far as what most Asian men want. They are also really into the "Face of an angel, with the body of a devil" look, which is actually another thing the Asians say a lot about their ideal woman (physicially). The Japanese are even more into it--going as far as some men indulging in the lolita-complex (sexually appealing, yet youthful looking). Asian women look a lot younger than other women of the world by default, so the whole thing about liking them looking young really isn't that big of a deal in Asia--it's just part of the culture. It's also not a big deal for older men to date much younger women in Asia, as long as she's close to being legal. The rational behind that is, most parents would rather their daughters date a mature men who has a career and a sense of responsibility, instead of some young punk who's got no experience in life, no money, wild, and irresponsible.

In generally, Asian men do not like fierce looking women (Lucy Liu or Angelina Jolie for example), as they find that too masculine and not soft/feminine enough. A western woman like Nicole Kidman is a lot closer to the Asian ideal--delicate, feminine, elegant, and introspective. European celebrities are also favored too, women like Sophie Marceau, Emmanuel Beart, Virginie Ledoyen, Monica Bellucci..etc. Asians (the educated ones) also feel that Europe in general is more elegant and cultured than the U.S. in terms of taste and beauty.

Old 07 July 2005   #19
Interesting Lunatique, I didn't think that it all works that way.
I made some reasearch for CG women and I found some interesting things, well now this one is no.1 for me -> http://www.this-wonderful-life.com/cyberbabe_body.htm (far away from a really beautiful woman - which I haven't seen done in CG btw), but I think it still would be considered ugly in the east.

Old 07 July 2005   #20
Dr. Ira Kane - I wouldn't say that the example you posted is "ugly," but "different" from the Asian ideal.

Have you heard of Chen Shu Fen and Common? They are a husband and wife team of Taiwanese digital illustrators, and their depiction of Asian beauty has captured the entire Asia by storm--idealizing what the Asians find "beautiful." Here are some of their works:

Old 07 July 2005   #21
But if you compare what they do to the kind of CG works coming out of Korea, you'll notice that the Koreans are actually creating characters that don't look 100% Asian--more like Eurasians or caucassians:

The Koreans have been influenced by the Japanese for decades now, just like the Chinese. You can always see that Japanese anime/manga influenced in the rest of Asia, no matter what country it is. Here's Lineage II, and you can see the Japanese influence:

Old 07 July 2005   #22
And as I mentioned earlier, the Japanese character design style is heavily influenced by their anime/manga:

Then you have the strange phenomenon of the Japanese being fascinated by the americans, that's why many of their games, manga, anime..etc have American characters, and more realistic character designs. For example, look at the Silent Hill series:

And the Resident Evil series:

And part of that fascination with America has lead some of the Japanese to a direction in very realistic characters--as Americans are more into realism compared to the Japanese:

And falling into that category, is the Final Fantasy film we all know. I think that's part of their fascination with hyper real characters and Americanization.

Old 07 July 2005   #23
Talking

luna, it is very subjective from country to country. i am from india, which comes in asia by the way and i really love angelina jolie, nicole kidman is nice too. i dont have a preference for asian or western beauty. i dont prefer women like lucy liu. she could not be called a beauty by any standards i think. (sorry lucy ) she has a great body though. i think claire forlani is really beautiful. manga babes look good in 2d but not that much in 3d, maybe cuz they dont look realistic with those large eyes and small mouth. another woman who i find beautiful is laetitia casta. she is very beautiful (with makeup ofcourse).

Old 07 July 2005   #24
Originally Posted by archangel123: luna, it is very subjective from country to country. i am from india, which comes in asia by the way and i really love angelina jolie, nicole kidman is nice too. i dont have a preference for asian or western beauty. i dont prefer women like lucy liu. she could not be called a beauty by any standards i think. (sorry lucy ) she has a great body though. i think claire forlani is really beautiful. manga babes look good in 2d but not that much in 3d, maybe cuz they dont look realistic with those large eyes and small mouth. another woman who i find beautiful is laetitia casta. she is very beautiful (with makeup ofcourse).

Of course it's subjective--it always is when it comes to taste. India is a bit different from the rest of Asia (or, far east Asia to be specific), since the general appearance, culture, food..etc are so different. For one, India women has far nicer bodies than far east Asian girls. And those big brown eyes!

Old 07 July 2005   #25
Damn interesting points you're making Lunatique. Great observations and perspectives. Makes me realize why I hate both the western extremes of big boobs and long legs as much as the eastern ones of adults in 14 year old bodies since I'm half western and half eastern

I think you should move this thread to the art discussion forum for treasuring!

Wiro

Old 07 July 2005   #26
Well.. if I had to decide on a 3d woman I would say the leading role in ''Final Fantasy: Spirited Within'' ..

Old 07 July 2005   #27
I'm 100% American (if there is such a thing), as white as white can be with red hair and freckles and everything, and I like all kinds of women from all kinds of places. I dunno about 3D renders, but I willfully admit the most beautiful woman I've had the pleasure to meet face-to-face in person was Chinese. I don't know her name or anything about her, and she didn't speak a word of English, but she was absolutely stunning.

Old 07 July 2005   #28
keep sharing your links and thoghts.

I think what interests me about the 3D CGI character is #1 the eyes. Eye's are very important and Asian artist seem to capture it well. So Asian by far stick for all the reasons previously named. But I would submit that some artist have made some other 3D females characters some what true and beautiful as well. Those being native american woman, black women( outside of the US) and the European blonde.

To capture a woman and render her beautiful

Asians focus on eyes, skin tooth and smoothness and softness with a flare for the hair aspect. Its trully awesome how they do put so much power in the hair they create. Its like a Universe in itself. There Gods of it creating Goddesses no doubt.

Other nationalities tend to focus on 1 Breast(which is ok) 2. Facial and torso areas. I've seen staggering work in both groups.

keep sharing your links and thoghts.

Old 07 July 2005   #29
I would have to say

Definitely both the Silent hill and Resident evil Series. The realistic modelling make them seem like real people and that in part makes me care about what happens to the characters. Oh and the kick butt stories help.

Of all the final fantsies I loved 8 and 10 myself again because the characters seem like real people. Great game design.

I happen to adore Strong willed and aggressive women (why yes I'm an American) some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen have been Janet Jackson, Melyssa Ford, Lanisha Cole, Carmen Electra, Kate Beckinsale, Lauren Graham (from gilmore girls). Alot of this has to do with the fact that I like Aggressive women who have a feminine side and enjoy it.

3d Poly handler
"have polys will handle"

Old 07 July 2005   #30
this is a very interesting thread (if only for the eyecandy). Lunatique, your views are also quite interesting to read.

What are your opinions on the african definition of beauty? Or South American for that matter? I was born in Johannesburg and (although i'm white) consider myself quite the african. I lived in Italy for 4 1/2 years and have worked in brazil for a while, so i've been exposed to different opinions/ideals reagrding women (and have aquired a rather varied taste myself - its the spice of life after all).

I'd also liek to hear other africans/south americans view on all this. This seems quite northern hemispherish to me

art and photography
Ed F.L. Babb

Thread Closed share thread