Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #1
Ezekiel19
Frequenter

Tech Analyst

Send a message via MSN to Ezekiel19 Send a message via Yahoo to Ezekiel19
Question Who has Seen the Most Beautiful Women Rendered in 3D

Who has seen the Most Beautiful Women Rendered in 3D ?

Old 07-03-2005, 02:25 AM   #2
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

That's highly subjective. You might as well ask "Who has seen the most beautiful women in real life?"

Personally, I think the Koreans currently hold the record for the most attractive 3D female characters. They have a knack for depicting ethereal beauties that has become a national style for them.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 AM   #3
Tryndan
Frequenter

portfolio
Tryndan Wikenheiser
Twin%2BCities, United%2BStates

Send a message via AIM to Tryndan
I agree with luna, although your picture with the blonde holds high for me lunatique.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #4
JDex
First Prime of Anistropic

portfolio
Jason Dexter
Lighting/Rendering/Pipeline TD
Freedom
Providence, USA

I have... yay me. What'd I win?

No really, Lunatique has a point.

On a VFX Hiatus

Old 07-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #5
PerfectBlue
I should be working...

portfolio
George Lubinski
Freelancer
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDex
No really, Lunatique has a point.

Haha yea, i was about to post it, but Luna beat me to the punch.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
ashakarc
timeTraveller

Ali Shakarchi
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel19
Who has seen the Most Beautiful Women Rendered in 3D ?

What do you think?

Old 07-03-2005, 07:42 AM   #7
DimensionalPunk
Dimensional Artist

portfolio
Kees Vander Putten
Aspiring Artist
Seattle, United States

Stahlberg's got some beauties.

Old 07-03-2005, 09:59 AM   #8
superlayer
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Rune Ecklon
freelance interactive designer/3d artist
Designskolen Kolding
Shenzhen, China

Send a message via ICQ to superlayer Send a message via AIM to superlayer Send a message via MSN to superlayer
I agree the korean modelers rule that area.
They must be on to some secret.

Old 07-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #9
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlayer
I agree the korean modelers rule that area.
They must be on to some secret.

That "secret" is really just their subjective taste in women. They (and most Asians) are into delicate, feminine, and soft features, with flawless, youthful fair skin, and no "excessiveness" in the facial features (for example, bee-stung Angelina Jolie lips, super-sharp cheek bones you can grate a block of cheese on..etc). Women like Pamela Anderson, Julia Roberts..etc might be considered Goddesses in the west, but to most Asian eyes, they have excessive features that are "too much" for their subjective taste. But in the west, these "excessiveness" are treasured as a sign of individuality and uniqueness. Another example would be that some westerners think that freckles are cute, but Asians can't stand freckles and think they destroy perfect skin and look diseased. Europeans' sense of beauty is generally more accepted in Asia, as there are more similarities in the subjective tastes of Asia and Europe.

Although Asians share similar tastes in women, the reason why the Koreans stand out with their work from other Asian countries is because they are on par with Japan technically, but the Japanese are usually too preoccupied with anime/manga influences, and that stylized look is highly subjective, and not always accepted universally. The Chinese and the other Asian countries are behind technically and creatively, so it'll be a while before they catch up to Korea and Japan--IF they ever catch up.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:20 AM   #10
Ed Bittner
S*R* DIGITAL

Ed Bittner
Working
USA

Well said Luna.
E.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 AM   #11
Dr. Ira Kane
Wild One

Doctorus Ira Kane
Antarctica

Without any doubt that was a girl from that thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=183940, that face is amazing. I guess I'm from the west then, wild wild west

Old 07-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #12
Swizzle
Nerdy reference

portfolio
Xavier Coelho-Kostolny
Cryptic Studios
Fremont, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ira Kane
Without any doubt that was a girl from that thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=183940, that face is amazing. I guess I'm from the west then, wild wild west
I agree that the face is amazing, though I view it as amazing more on a technical level. In my opinion she looks like she had her entire butt pumped into her lips and her nose carved up by a mediocre plastic surgen. The eyes are very well done and the skin is excellent, though.

Hmmm...

Old 07-04-2005, 12:23 AM   #13
Blikkie
Frequenter
portfolio
Remco van Bree
Content ingestion coordinator
joost.com
Voorburg, Netherlands

Send a message via ICQ to Blikkie
I don't know why it is, but I can't recall any 3d char that has left a lasting impression on me, while I know many 2D women who were very impressive, the latest example being the blonde girl in the M&S winner.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:20 AM   #14
Lunatique
Pragmatic Dreamer

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Robert Chang
Artist|Writer|Composer
Photographer|Director
Lincoln, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ira Kane

This is a perfect example of the difference of taste between the west and the east. A face like that would not be considered beautiful at all according to the general Asian taste (this is not a comment about the quality of the work, but just the subjective taste in beauty).

This difference in taste can get really interesting. For example, many of the Asian girls that are considered pretty in the west, often leaves people in the east scratching their heads. "They think THAT is what a pretty Asian girl looks like? They must've never seen a truly beautiful Asian girl then." is what Asians in the east often say. It completely baffles them how a lot of westerners come to Asia and date the kind of girls they consider ugly, but seems to think these ugly girls are gorgeous. Some of the Asian celebrities that has made it big in the west leave the east scratching their heads too. For example, Lucy Liu is considered scary looking by most people in Asia--they have no idea why Americans find her pretty.

Another interesting difference is how eastern and western photographers/makeup artists differ in the way they depict Asian models. When Zhang Ziyi went to the U.S. to promote her films, American photographers caked makeup on her, had her wear skimpy clothes, and rubbed her down with bronzing oil to give her that "Maxim magazine oily suntanned" look. The resulting photos looked nothing like her--it's as if the American photographers had no idea just what is alluring about Asian girls, and they only knew how to force the western taste and style onto the Asian models/actresses, instead of depicting what is beautiful about Asian girls naturally.

If you compare the kind of photography you see in Maxim magazine with the kind of photography you see from Japanese photographers who shoot Japanese idol actresses and models, you'll notice a huge difference in taste. The Asians tend to favor fair skin, pensiveness, elegance, softness, and a natural look, while the Americans are into heavier makeup, drama, suntanned skin, extroversion, fun, and strong sexuality.

Of course, I'm only talking about the general differences; there are always exceptions. For example, the role that Alexis Bledel played in Gilmore Girls is the kind of western girl that is actually very similar in aura to Asian girls, while Hsu Chi's always played roles that are more "wild" and similar to western girls.

The difference between eastern and western taste in women can even be seen from tradtional architecture and art. The west has always been about complex and majestic castles and churches with lots of intricate and lush details, realistic sculptures, realistic paintings, lots of vivid colors..etc, while the east has always been about simplicity, elegance, subtle colors, and tranquility in design. Isn't it interesting how that geneal difference in culture is reflected in their taste in women?

Old 07-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #15
Davidxt
Frequenter

portfolio
David Winston
student
Sacramento, USA

Smile moo

Good post Lunatique. I think work ethic is a factor as well. Koreans are like machines at whatever they want to master, and Americans are fat and lazy This is obviously a stereotype, but who would deny that there is some truth to it. Btw, I am Korean, but born in America, so I can make fun of both sides.. yay. ... To stay on topic though, my favorite 3d girl is by eun-kyung. http://www.3dtotal.com/home2/gallery/images/big/736.jpg

Mainly because of her expression.

Thread Closed share thread