Noob On Nudes

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  05 May 2005
human nudity shouldn't be taken lightly...you might think I'm saying that because I'm arabic and whatever, but the reason art allows nudity so people won't have to be nude all the time.

also, nudity relates to intimacy or vulnerability like lunatique said. If beautiful womn walk naked all the time in reality we wouldn't find intimacy or art inticing or exciting.

saying that "you came out of a vagina" doesn't make it right to see every single one u want... The human body's beauty can provoke many feelings, many of them are related to violance and desire:

example: if people walked around publicaly nude, then the will have sex publicaly, carry annonymus sexual relations and become animals...

Are we animals? no, far from it...We are creative in many ways... an animal might be in a way... just a way...

so Noob! don't say (wtf'ng deal with nudity being a big deal?) because it is...
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by urg
Didn't I tell you? I'm rowing over to save money. Wish me luck!


Latest Work
 
  05 May 2005
Originally Posted by cha0t1c1: human nudity shouldn't be taken lightly...you might think I'm saying that because I'm arabic and whatever, but the reason art allows nudity so people won't have to be nude all the time.

also, nudity relates to intimacy or vulnerability like lunatique said. If beautiful womn walk naked all the time in reality we wouldn't find intimacy or art inticing or exciting.

saying that "you came out of a vagina" doesn't make it right to see every single one u want... The human body's beauty can provoke many feelings, many of them are related to violance and desire:

example: if people walked around publicaly nude, then the will have sex publicaly, carry annonymus sexual relations and become animals...

Are we animals? no, far from it...We are creative in many ways... an animal might be in a way... just a way...

so Noob! don't say (wtf'ng deal with nudity being a big deal?) because it is...


i disagree with nearly everything you say. the purpose for nudity in art isn't to satiate people's desires for nudity, just because they aren't nude all the time. that's ridiculous. that's exactly the mentality that some people go with, when creating graphic nudity without any reason other than to join the bandwagon of thousands of 'pornographic' artists.

and i don't believe that nudity in art would lose it's flavor if everyone paraded around naked in real life. i see buildings everywhere i go; that doesn't mean that cityscape paintings have no artistic merit.

if you truly believe that nudity would lead to people losing all inhibitions and having mindless sex publically, what does that say about humanity? if human decency is so fragile that it hangs on the presence of cloth on your body, then i'd be surprised that we haven't degenerated into a bunch of neanderthals humping every tree or pole we see.

lunatique made a good point about nudity referring to intimacy or vulnerabilty, but that's not all it can represent. those are themes that are very common with FEMALE nudity. nudity could also imply a resistance against a larger culture (anti-fur activists), nomadic tribes, etc. nudity has a lot of meanings; it's just that people tend to implement it in an erotic context, because the sexual desire is a fairly universal feeling.
__________________
my music site
my portfolio
 
  05 May 2005
I did not mean my commentary in such a trong perverted sense...

I meant to say that nudity in art reveals the true beauty of the human figure we long to see without the perverted thought..pure innocent nudity not dirt malisious nakedness...

I apologize if I sounded strong...

btw human decency is fragile if it wasn't we would be naked and roaming without care...
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by urg
Didn't I tell you? I'm rowing over to save money. Wish me luck!


Latest Work
 
  05 May 2005
Originally Posted by cha0t1c1:
btw human decency is fragile if it wasn't we would be naked and roaming without care...


LOL..."I wonder what that means?"...are we having a miscommunication?
__________________
modelling practice #1
 
  05 May 2005
sorry, I wrote in a hurry( that sounded jibberish) lol...

what I meant to say is if human decency wasn't fragile we would be roaming around naked and ignoring the fact that we're nude...

why aren't we nude all the time?
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by urg
Didn't I tell you? I'm rowing over to save money. Wish me luck!


Latest Work
 
  05 May 2005
I think one third of all the people should walk around naked all the time,
unless they were really poor, in which case their mothers would be
proclaimed topological
__________________
 
  05 May 2005
tears just shot out of my eyes on that comment squibbit....freaking lmao
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by urg
Didn't I tell you? I'm rowing over to save money. Wish me luck!


Latest Work
 
  05 May 2005
Originally Posted by cha0t1c1: human nudity shouldn't be taken lightly...you might think I'm saying that because I'm arabic and whatever, but the reason art allows nudity so people won't have to be nude all the time.

also, nudity relates to intimacy or vulnerability like lunatique said. If beautiful womn walk naked all the time in reality we wouldn't find intimacy or art inticing or exciting.

saying that "you came out of a vagina" doesn't make it right to see every single one u want... The human body's beauty can provoke many feelings, many of them are related to violance and desire:

example: if people walked around publicaly nude, then the will have sex publicaly, carry annonymus sexual relations and become animals...

Are we animals? no, far from it...We are creative in many ways... an animal might be in a way... just a way...

so Noob! don't say (wtf'ng deal with nudity being a big deal?) because it is...


heh,the only reason people originally wore clothes it to keep em warm.no we are not animals,animals are born with fur to keep em warm.....if humans where born with fur,yes we wud be animals,hence,humans wud be non exisitant.

i dunno if u quite get my point,but if i go back into time,kill the guy that sed we must where clothes,came back.........we wud be having sex publicy,be nude ,BUT we wudn't have a problem with it,cos it wud have been that way since...forever.just like animals,u won't catch a tiger saying *ROOOOOOOOOOOARRR OMFG,THEY ARE HAVING SEX IN PUBLIC*cos its just their way.

OBVIOUSLY its too late to change that for humans,which is kinda what ur saying,we can't.Which is the point I'M trying to make,its wierd how us humans are so restricted in sumthin thats friggin natural.

that debate can't go any further ,cos its not possible,too late to change that,almost as impossible as trying to find out why we exist in the first place.

and it ain't the topic i put fourth (sp?),keep it art people!!

latah!

Last edited by NOOB! : 05 May 2005 at 06:12 PM.
 
  05 May 2005
The notion of public and private space which presumes certain behavioural patterns for human societies are not the same with lower species. The hierarchy of privacy is a lot more sophisticated. dah! Nudity is not appreciated ;from an art stand point of view; simply because everyone else is clothed in public. It is neither deplored because it is an offense to the public. Human societies regulated their systems in a symbiotic manner with their environments. Clothing is seen as a protective layer in the first place. Protective in terms of body temperature control, identity within and outside the group, and the sense of individuality. The cultural inhibitions were developed later as a result of the evolution of human psyche. Nudist beaches are great places to witness this.
 
  08 August 2005
I am a way late on this thread, but i highly reccomend anyone else who reads this thread to pick up a copy of Berger's "ways of seeing".

this book will clear evrything up.


you see, it is all about subject matter. A woman can have all of her clothes on and still the painting could be considered porn. Fragonard's "The Swing" is a great example of this. Yes the woman in fully clothed, every inch of her, but the subject matter was still jerk off material for the origianl owner. That painting (even though it is considered a classic) was indeed softcore porn for the distinguishig gentleman. Playboy for the 18 century. There are cetain charecteristics that allow us to distinguish between being nude and being naked, Berger's book describes to us what these are in great detail. It is not the nudity, but the subject matter of the painting which would determine whther a painting resides in the world of classy (if there is such a thing) porn.



p.s. hey noob, the tigers penis is covered with barbs which help keep it in place. This makes things very painfull for the female tiger. just as a side note, would you like to see that?

Last edited by stipick_S : 08 August 2005 at 03:57 PM.
 
  08 August 2005
no thanks.lol

heh i long forgot about this debate,didn't i make this when this forum was first opening?...phew
 
  08 August 2005
Nudes in "Art"

If you notice that, in my heading, "Art" was in quotation marks it was done intentionally.

Much of what I see in CG and 3d work is not Art but, instead, an endless procession of scantily clothed clones ( nearly universally women), all of whom have enormous breasts and perfect features- most of which could have been created from the same basic poser model.

They have more in common with boringly repetitious stereotypes of an adolescent males five finger fantasies than with attempts to express, creatively, something that enlightens and excites it's audience to go beyond the common and the mundane.

Granted, that the human figure is one of the most challenging areas of artistic challenge, unfortunately, not only that premise but it's interpretation and the opportunity to move beyond the pointless and the common are , for the most wasted by their creators. Instead they only provide more clutter on the pages of most cg galleries.

At one time, this type of material was known as "Kitsch".

Granted that many of the contributers to these galleries are, in fact, teen aged boys, I would hope that they would seek out the best examples of figurative art throughout history and attempt to understand and learn from those elements of commonality that have served to make them universal, inspirational, and necessary to artists throughout the ages.

Perhaps CG talk could provide a "stroke" section, where at least the type of material that I, and others complain about, can be presented for those who find this type of material appealing.

Robert
 
  08 August 2005
Men like beautiful nude girls. You can do nothing about this. It's natural. Thats why nudity is an integral part of COMMERCIAL art. It's our duty to improve our inner world, to seek a better way, but sometimes it just doesn't work if you want to achieve something more then inner satisfaction. I tried to create a classic illustrational/comic image for an M&S contest, very few people even visited the page. After that I made a great sin as an artist - made a half nude sketch using a porn pic as a reference, next morning visitors count was 5 times more then previous day... Sad but true. I partially agree with Lunatique (by the way I adore your style of work and the way you talk about art and life in general, also wonderful photography section on your site inspired me alot). I have no special art skills and enough authority to judge though, just MHO. I see nothing bad about nudity when it doesn't border with perversy
(sorry for my english)
__________________

 
  08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.