Are you any good at quick sketches?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by Ckerr812: huh?

It's about knowing how to find the line of action in the pose....it's not a video game my friend..lol

The eye observes, and the hand follows--but they have to work with each other. It won't do any good if you can find the line of action in the pose, but have no actual drawing ability to put it down on paper, right? It definitely takes training, just like a video game. Doing it a lot will train your observation/analyzation time to be shorter and sharper. For example, when you first start out, you might never get those 10 second poses, and even when you do get the whole pose, it doesn't have any life to it. But if you do it a lot, you'll draw faster, and can put down the most relevant lines that describe the pose, and perhaps even draw lines with organic and expressive qualities.

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by Lunatique: The eye observes, and the hand follows--but they have to work with each other. It won't do any good if you can find the line of action in the pose, but have no actual drawing ability to put it down on paper, right? It definitely takes training, just like a video game. Doing it a lot will train your observation/analyzation time to be shorter and sharper. For example, when you first start out, you might never get those 10 second poses, and even when you do get the whole pose, it doesn't have any life to it. But if you do it a lot, you'll draw faster, and can put down the most relevant lines that describe the pose, and perhaps even draw lines with organic and expressive qualities.

makes a lot of sense to me actually. Similar to why some people can't use a wacom to sketch. A lot of nonsense about it not feeling right, well, if it's true I apologise. In the end it's realising that you have to focus on the screen and don't get any feedback from the tab, Hand-Eye thing imho.
Well...that and not setting the tab to spread over 2 moinitors or otherwise deformed proportions, if you get my drift.
modelling practice #1

04 April 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread