What Size do you use to create perspective

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
What Size do you use to create perspective

Hello all I had a general question to the artist here when I was taking illustration classes we used a huge size paper to create are perspective illustrations some where along the lines of 18X24.

I was wondering to some of the concept artist out there what size do you all create perspective illustration whether it be 1 point or 2 point perspective

04 April 2005
i don't think it really matters for 1 point, but for 2 and 3 it helps me to work big since the vanishing points are often way out of the composition. i usually use 18*24 paper, but only really use a small portion of it for the final comp. i'd like to hear if other people have better ways though.

04 April 2005
Much easier to tape your paper or board to your working table, and put your VP's on the table. You need a big table of course, but you need that anyway if you're going to illustrate professionally. The bigger the better.

04 April 2005
Tape and a 2x4 works too

04 April 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread