What about drawing?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Unhappy What about drawing?

Hello all, i' from Lithuania and come here to learn some things. In my language there arent places to socialize, so i came here. First of all i'm pretty young 17 yr old and drawing, paintings or smthg simmilar never was near me, i dont know how to say , but art, modeling, animating, drawing, painting , etc.. was taking me all the years, i like it, i like it to watch it and etc., but for me is hard to do smth simmilar. Some people for example my class mates or friends .. They don't paint at home, dont go to drawing or painting schools, but they just have that and they can paint.. I dont have it, so the question is could i learn it? I mean i dont want to be and i wont be i think a good digital artist or smth, but i want basic things to draw some character, environment or etc.. Its really taking me in and im trying to draw something by viewing reference, but its hard, with proportions, with drawin each place simmilar as another side, so i dont know , i have not finished just rough two sketches but its the best what i have doned.. Anyway can you advice me a bit, and stand me in the right place to start or learn with? I would be very happy to have some advices from proffesionals.

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Have you read all the sticky threads in this forum yet? If not, you should do that first, because the contain a lot of information on how to learn and practice and improve as an artist.

Old 04 April 2013   #3
Hi Lunatique,

Sorry I know you've had this 1000's of times but I've read all the threads now and i'm an absolute beginner in drawing, I struggled with drawing at school and the teachers just didn't bother as it was secondary school so I've started with drawing on the right side of the brain but would you say that Andrew Loomis fun with a pencil is the best place to start just getting the 2d basics, hand eye-coordination down? I read that you suggest not going straight to life drawing and instead focusing on replicating 2d but wanted to make sure that this was the perfect book to start with.

Thanks,

Jon

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Yes, Fun With A Pencil is a good place to start. It's teaches the basic essentials while his other books delve into more depth.

Old 04 April 2013   #5
Awesome, Thanks!

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread