Master and Servant 2D Entry: Pascal Raimbault

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Ha! Like the face, those wrists are great! I agree with Chris about making the master more frantic too. Cool stuff!

-mike

04 April 2005
hey thanks for your kind comment walrus! When you say frantic, are you thinking of a more dynamic pose or a different design?...
I don't have much time to work on it now but I will post as soon as I have an update
Thanks
Pascal

04 April 2005
Pascal - Well, let's put it this way: I was just showing my wife your picture (she loved the face, by the way!) and she summed it up pretty well: "The guy in the back looks like he's following the monster, but not like he's chasing after it." You could maybe help convey that he's chasing his escaped servant with the proper facial expression and, more importantly because he's so small, body language. Maybe arms frantically waving? Or carrying a broken length of chain? Are you really attatched to the staff he's carrying? He might be able to express more with both hands free...

Anyhow, I can't speak for ChrisThatGuy, but that's what I meant. Good luck with it. I can't wait to see all those wrinkles and folds renderred and painted in!

-mike (and his wife )

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: starting Color

I am starting the color and still not sure about the main light source :)
cheers
Pascal

04 April 2005
The monster is looking great! good job! you should bring closer the other character .. i don't know in wich way you can do that..but he seems to me too much far ..It's just my personnal feeling..

Good luck

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by walrus: ... Maybe arms frantically waving? Or carrying a broken length of chain? Are you really attatched to the staff he's carrying? He might be able to express more with both hands free... Anyhow, I can't speak for ChrisThatGuy, but that's what I meant....

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Waiving and shouting. Preferably while looking worried.

04 April 2005
walrus: Thank you very much for your explanation! I'll make a try with a different arm pose and without the staff. Thank you to your wife too
Fiolka Alexandre : Hey Thanks for the comment I wanted the master to be small at the beginning because I liked the contrast of a very small master and very big servant, but I will give it a try and scale the master.
ChrisThatGuy: Thanks! I will try to change this

Thank you very much for your comments!!

Pascal

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: monster close up

Hi!
I have just resized my image and starting to play with the servant wrinkles..not sure if it is a good idea to go into details now... Anyway Comments are welcome!

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: head detail

playing with the head, changed light source a little bit.Thanks :D

05 May 2005
Coloring WIP: slave body detailing WIP

some work pt in the body... Still a lot to do !
Thanks
Pascal

05 May 2005
Thumbs up

Elle mortel ton update Pascal !!!
J adore ta lumiere et les couleurs sont super belles !
On sent comme un effet de subsurface sur la peau du troll qui est super impressionnant !
Amazing Work Zegritch !
Keep up the great work !

05 May 2005
I'm a fan of your work. Keep it up man!
What program are you painting in?

05 May 2005
Hey Merci beaucoup Tichard! Je vais essayer de garder le rendu subsurface a d'autres endroits Merci pour ton post!
gjpetch: Thanks a lot for your kind comments on my work I use painter 9 , because I love the control you have on the brushes.

Thank you for your posts!!

Take care,

Pascal

05 May 2005
That skin is looking great, Pascal! Wonderful painting on it so far. Is that two rows of teeth in the upper part of his mouth...? Cool!

His eyes are getting lost a bit under all the folds. Perhaps some sharper value shifts, as in more contrast against the other parts of his face, might help them stand out a bit more and also feel like more of a different material from the skin - i.e. darker pupils and sharper whiter hilights?
Anyhow, just an idea... It's nonetheless looking great.

-mike

05 May 2005
This concept is one of the funny ones! I like funny ones!!
I think it will look more funny if the master is almost catching up with him and brandishing a whacking stick and looking all red with anger! Oh yes, maybe the monster could be holding a chain ball in its hands and it slows down its attempt to escape.

I think the master should be a bit closer to show both different expressions to the viewer: One of desperation (from the servant), and one of shock and anger (from the master).

The colouring on the monster looks excellent so far!

Thread Closed share thread