Master and Servant 2D Entry: Per Gullarp

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Per Gullarp

Per Gullarp has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Master and Servant

Alright this is the final image. Thanks for all support and comments! May the best samurai win :)

/Per Gullarp

Hi-Res Image

Last edited by Mnstr : 06 June 2005 at 08:57 AM.

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: Master and Servant

Hi, starting out with a simple sketch just to get the idea on paper, the composition will probably change with time, like size and all that. Ive been inspired by some books that teach out sword techniques.

The idea is about a bunch of Zen-Warriors that fight each other. Right now I dont know if there should be a master teaching some apprentice a bujutsu teknik or a sword master dishing out som serious blows ending up in casualties. But I think one thing is certain, that the grand master, the allseeing zen guy is watching them all...Buddha.

04 April 2005
Excellent idea! GL!

04 April 2005
cool idea good luck mate! I think the last picture in the series. the one at the bottom should be bigger

04 April 2005
Doublepost - Edit -

Last edited by Links : 04 April 2005 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Doublepost

04 April 2005
Nice, when I first saw this I thought you'd planned a comic-page style image, which is a great format for showing the sword techniques (the rituals/disciplines of which & their place in japanese society could themselves be a master/servant relationship). But as a series of thumbnail sketches, I think the last is the most dynamic & three dimensional.

04 April 2005
Maybe you could do a single image (the last thumbnail seems like a good basis for it) with the soldier defending something at the base of a huge statue, as if he's honour-bound to protect it.

04 April 2005
I don't think you should skip all the images but rather focus on the last one. render that one completly and have the others blend into the image in a more dynamic way.

04 April 2005

Just wrestling with the sketch but I think I am closing in on how I want the composition to be

04 April 2005

Add some more details to the sketch before final composition.

04 April 2005

04 April 2005

After some cutting, pasting and changing sizes on the scanned sketches I think Im finished with the composition. Starting to add shadows and stuff.

04 April 2005
whoa thats looking great!

04 April 2005
Beautiful drawings...inspiring!

04 April 2005
your line work, and figures are perfect. i love this stuff, so will be wathcing from now on. Can not wait and see how you use colour. suternly an interesting composition... different. but i like. very comic bookish.

Thread Closed share thread