Master and Servant 2D Entry: Smyk Vitaliy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
YYEEAAAHH!! your beast is looking better and better!! Great details!! The background start to look great.. Come back see your evolution soon..

Good luck

Old 04 April 2005   #47
I like it) good work!)

Old 04 April 2005   #48
come to think about it, Baron was right about the back. the new back is holding the picture together really well.
though the front piece of rock on the old back gave an idea about some deserted or cursed land, and now it all looks much more cheerful. changes the mood alot, heh =)
maybe adding some shading to the beast's collar? right now it's floating a bit

i'll love the final work, maaan =)

Old 04 April 2005   #49
I'm really liking the new collar design. I'm a little less confident on which background I like better, they're both quite good, but give two different feels to the peice. In the first background with the collums the piece seemed darker and more foreboding with the girl as being the "out of place" element. The new background is much more serene and it is now the monster that is "out of place." I think focus also shifts more from girl to monster in the change of the background. It's looking really great, and only continues to become more detailed and fantastic. Awesome work.

My Master Servant 2D Thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=231487

My Webcomic:
http://www.comedity.com

Old 04 April 2005   #50
Looking good!

I like the feel and mood the color scheme gives. This allows the beast to "look" like it is in its natural enviroment.

I will have to agree with Baron Impossible on the beast. You should define the structure more before putting in details.

Old 04 April 2005   #51
The rendering in this is really beautiful so far. and I really like the new background that you've put in. Nice work!

The new version of the beast's ribs and torso feel more unbelieveable to me than the previous versions. The top of the ribs beels like it's makde of stone, the bottom half like it's mechanical, like something H.R. Giger would design. Neith texture matches the head of the creature well, or parts like the more-legs with those great veins.

But you still have plenty more you want to do, I'm sure... Good luck!

-mike

Old 04 April 2005   #52
This is coming together nicely. The beast is coming along really good! The background looks like it's going to be beautiful! Keep going!

Old 04 April 2005   #53
wow, great looking beast dude, your background is great, but I dont know if its appropriate for your M&S, looks like they just pose there for a pix, I'd suggest somehting dark or chilling to reflect the beastly servant, dont be offended dude, but thats just me & you can ignore this if you like.. overall grade A+

theres not much difference between your pencil tip & a diamond

Old 04 April 2005   #54
Thank you all guys! Your comments realy important for me. I will keep an eye on it.
Best wishes you all.

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Hi Smyk.

IMHO you took the right decisions for your painting. Good idea of just forgetting the gun, it seems to be such a clichée. And the new background lends a more spacious feeling to the piece without drawing away the attention too much. One thing came to my mind: maybe it could make up for a better story, when there'd be some kind of vessel on the lake or at the shore? Dunno, maybe it would imbalance the composition again...

I would definitely take a second glance at the lighting and the play of shadows. Right now the light seems to be indefferent, coming from "everywhere" and leaving not too much shadows.

Good luck,
<- Lutz

Old 05 May 2005   #56
Good концепт, though all traditional...
I too would advise to pay attention to a background, on the sky.
While it not expressive enough.
I wish good luck.

portfolio

Old 05 May 2005   #57
very good. i like the attitude of the beast and its design. your master also shows feeling but i think this could be worked on. gl

Old 05 May 2005   #58
nice theme, and very well done till now. I like the colors, and your texture work.
Also good job on the master :O , damn, somebody got to learn me this anatomy stuff! :(

anyway, good luck!

Cheers Kam

Old 05 May 2005   #59
Coloring WIP: My tender Beast

Hi all.I hope this dress is that what you like :) Cheers :)

Old 05 May 2005   #60
great new back... it looks now like this: the upper part is very thinkful, and works excellent with the calm girl. the lower part, rocks and staff, are closer to brutal life of the beast. a great contrast between two moods.

this work doesn't simply look good, but also implies some idea and meaning beyond it. sure lots of details to come, but even now i love it.

'luck!

Thread Closed share thread