Master and Servant 2D Entry: Dimitri Patelis

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #31
This is the first time I've seen your work, very impressive! Especially how quickly you were able to get it done. I think, sometime our best work comes from having a deadline looming in the horizon My only comment, is that Eve seems to be pasted on instead of being part of the picture. I think it would help if you painted her in full figure, and have her in the center. That way it doesn't appear like she standind behind them. My 2 cents

Beautiful work by the way.

My challenge:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...hlight=memories

Old 05 May 2005   #32
Hi Hoang,

I am Glad you like the work. I started this illustration yesterday and finished it today. It took approximately fifteen hours. As far as Eve goes I wanted her to be somewhat like a lost person in the piece. I might try to put some element swirling around her legs to conect her with the snake body. I had another female pose that was more dynamic and imposing but there was no time. She was designed to be right in the middle. It would have taken another three hours and I don't think I was gonna make it.

Thanks for checking it out.

Dimitri

Originally Posted by HoangNguyen: This is the first time I've seen your work, very impressive! Especially how quickly you were able to get it done. I think, sometime our best work comes from having a deadline looming in the horizon My only comment, is that Eve seems to be pasted on instead of being part of the picture. I think it would help if you painted her in full figure, and have her in the center. That way it doesn't appear like she standind behind them. My 2 cents

Beautiful work by the way.

My challenge:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...hlight=memories

Old 05 May 2005   #33
Coloring WIP: Eve's Last Stand

I desided to change Eve if I managed it in Time. So here She is.

Old 05 May 2005   #34
Coloring WIP: Eve's Last Stand

Here is a CloseUp

Old 05 May 2005   #35
Final Image: Eve's Last Stand

Here is the revised final. I got to get some sleep!!!

Old 05 May 2005   #36
Nice lines and composition, best of luck!

Old 05 May 2005   #37
Final Image: Eve's Last Stand

Softened the face a bit. Noooooo Moooooooreeeee!

I started on her 7 hours before the end of the submissions. I am glad I made it.

Last edited by PATELIS : 05 May 2005 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added CloseUp of Eve after completion

Old 05 May 2005   #38
Sweet!, I love it. I think this make for a better composition, since she is in the center. It make her more prominent and it fit your title much better. The other one seems like she's in the background and her role isn't really significant. Well done.

Old 05 May 2005   #39
i don't understand, but i never see your pic, and... it's a great pic the characters are amazings, good work and good luck for the end

Old 05 May 2005   #40
lovely girl, just lovely...um..that the trinity around her ?

Old 05 May 2005   #41
wow..
great!!why i never saw this piece!!
love ur style a lot.realy cool characters and comp.also the pose is excellent.
congrats on ur finish and best luck to u.
cheers.

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 05 May 2005   #42
Cool Love your style

Wow I love your style, it reminds me so much of the great British artist Melvyn Grant. If you haven't seen his work check it out on melgrant.com you'll love it. Also I think this version of eve is much better than the first, she looks a lot more involved. And the devil simply rocks man. Overall great piece, well done.
I hope you can spare a few minutes and check mine out and tell me what you think of it.
Its on:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234420

All feedback much appreciated; Thanks & Good Luck to us All!

Old 06 June 2005   #43
Very Interesting!

Great female and creature designs.

Old 06 June 2005   #44
..............dude

Old 06 June 2005   #45
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread