Master and Servant 2D Entry: Adrian Fekete

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Line Art: final Line Art

here the final lineart

some flaws with the hands of Dalan but that can be mended when painting

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: first brushstrokes

these are the first few colors

so far im just taking the colors from my previous sketches and apply them with a simple standard brush

this is a small update *blushes* ...but hey....at least i started :)

while painting i noticed that the king doesnt look very good ... especially hands & face ...but he will change while painting. most of the linework will be painted over anyway

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: colors & shadows

more colors & shadows and background

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
hey Vahn, the famous mouse artist!! Looking good man! I guess my only crit would eb the masters is pointing in a complete different direction from were the racoon is heading...But I love the colors you picked as well as the mood and expression of the servants face! I love that whirly background sky alot ! Dont stop !

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: direction

heehee thx corey

i changed the arm ... the kings size & cloak .. and i made it a bit higher for balance

what do you think ?

C&C very welcome :)

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Looking good dude. The arm looks fine and good call on the cloak. It gives more effects on the wind. Hey, what happened to the king's expression? I kinda dig that yelling at the raccoon thing. Other than that, it's definately a lot more balance now. I'll be checking back later.

cheers

04 April 2005
dont worry Arc he will yell again I cant really explain why...but it distracted me while painting ...so i took it of for now

mhhm and i think it is too much cloak... ill work on that..

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: green

As King Dalan spends most of his time in the woods, and as his golden trinkets attract too much attention already, i decided to introduce a new color : zelda-linkish-green

the wine-red and red-browns fit more to the whole colorscheme but i like this version more

I resized him again, wich gives him a more commanding presence but im still not satisfied ... ill resize him & the racoon again and again till im happy :)

as for his legs ...he is kind of kneeling in the pile of treasure

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: swirly clouds

a little more work on the background, the treasure and the racoon

im back to the drawing board working on the king

the pic is a little bright & the colors are a bit wrong...but i still dont have a clue, how to get the jpg's to match the psd :(

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Hey, the background is looking nice. I'm definately liking it and the details on the gold looks mighty SWEET. Personally, i like the old version when it comes to your colour scheme. I also think you should keep the old size of the old man, because that gives more sense of depth and distance between him and the raccoon.

Hmm... i'm not sure if its this, but is your Colour Profile set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 or maybe i think you have to adjust your adobe gamma setting in you pc's control panel. I think that's what it is. If that doesn't work, then i'm just as clueless as you are, hehehe.

cheers

04 April 2005
hehe thx m8 .... yes ill keep the old size... this one is way too huuuge but im working on a different pose atm

im thinking about adding more space to the left and some more height so the upper cloud gets some more room

maybe with more space i can think of some better solution for the king

and yes its set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 ill check the adobe gamma thing now

cya

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: wider & higher

ah thx arc the adobe gamma adjustion helped a little bit :)

saturation is high now but ill get it right

ok here the quick changes more space on the left & more space upwards

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
unfortunately i dont have much time this week ... but ill try to rework the king as soon as possible

id really like to hear some feedback on the new colors of the king ... i think it brings the characters more away from the background and adds more depth to the whole .... but what do u others think ? zelda-linkish-green or royal - beggar red ?

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: the new king

here is a new version of the King ... maybe i can work with that ...

Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread