Master and Servant 2D Entry: Adrian Fekete

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
Thanks for adding the fish, Vahn! I really think it adds a lot to the piece! :-D

I also like the idea of adding a belt to the king - i think it'll break up his body a bit and help him read better.
I can't give you advice on the raccoon, though. I thought you had it with the earlier one, like in post #37. Still do. I thought the pose was great and the expression perfect. But if you're not happy with it... Well, good luck! :-)

-mike

Old 04 April 2005   #47
hehe ty for the fish walrus ... it gives me more room for the racoons expression.

and well...im still not sure but i think the last pose is better for the composition when i get rid of the mule ... its bigger and it looks funnier .... hes not running anymore but stalking away ....with hurt feelings because Dalan cant appreciate whats "treasure" for him

anyway maybe if i put some color into it u change your mind

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #48
i have a question....were you born in germany...your name dosn't sound to german...good luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #49
nice concept!

Old 04 April 2005   #50
hehe yes i was born there but my parents are from Hungary

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #51
Thumbs up Hi Adrian!

I really like your colors! Not too bright, pleasant, just my taste! And your characters look pretty funny! Are you really only working with a mouse? That must be bloody hard! But easy things suck, don't they?!

will be watching your thread,

cheerio

Adam

Old 04 April 2005   #52
Das wird ja besser und besser .

Coming along nicely, I´m diggin´ very much. Nice work on the sky. Keep it up!

peace, pete

Old 04 April 2005   #53
adamos: yes i do work with the mouse ....but these sketches are only 1700 x 2200 .... its ok now ... i got to reinstall everything on my pc so photoshop will work a bit nicer and then ill see how i'll manage @ 300 dpi

peteboy: köszönöm

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #54
Concept Sketch: sketch nr 168

ok i hope this will be the last concept sketch before i do my lineart milestone :D

i quickly added some color to the raccoon to see better how the new pose fits in...
i also pasted the belt & dagger from my sketch over the king.

i'll work on the racoon while doing my lineart...im still not really happy....its a bit too fat :)

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Wow the colors really makes thing jump out, this is starting to look amazing, very nice work.

Master & Servant

my site

Old 04 April 2005   #56
Nice. I miss the mule though, he cracked me up staring at the king.
Like he didn't appreciate the idea of more burden either.

Old 04 April 2005   #57
arlutik: thx

userBrian: yeah i like the mule too, but i feel it brakes up the composition a little... i cant fit it into this format ...i tried it on the left side, i tried it closer to the king in a different angle.... i couldnt fit it in :(

without it ... the scene gets more intimate I think.

bu im not sure... if anyone has a good suggestion? mule or no mule ?

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #58
Hi Vahn
I really like the colors you've chosen for your scene. The clair/obscur makes a great ambiance and the charged sky make the scene quite dramatic. Just a question of personal taste, I would maybe just keep the yellow crown on the forehead of the racoon and let go the bandana. I think we eill still be able to see the link between the 2 characters. Great work so far!

fewlines.com

Old 04 April 2005   #59
thank you kraull, this is really encouraging coming from you

this is my first attempt at digital painting in a not-simple-flat-2d style ( that is the reason i took more time one the sketches so i could practice with color and shading and brushes etc. ) so im happy for the feedback

as for the bandana .... mhhm wait ill ask him myself.....*walks away to find Keen*......." ah there u are .... kraull just suggested u might take of that bandana...i could put the goldcrown on a piece of string and hang it around your he......arrrgh what the?!...nonono aAAAaAAAAHHHHH ouch! leggo! OUUCH AAAAAHHHHHHRRRHHHH!".....*runs away to saftey*..........

*pant* *pant* ehm kraull....*pant*.....no m8 .... i dont think there is any chance i could even try taking it away from him now...phew....do u have any ointment for the scratches ?

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #60
Hehe, i didn't even notice that you added the fish before. That's awesome. Hmm... i think it looks fine without the mule. The focal points are a lot clearer and there is no distraction.

cheers

Thread Closed share thread