Master and Servant 2D Entry: Adrian Fekete

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
looking great so far!

04 April 2005
The story

here again the short story behind it:

The greedy King Dalan has been banned from his throne and had to go into exile to save his life. Shortly after that war is breaking out and they fight over the kings gold and treasures all over the land.

Meanwhile the king, who is hiding in the mountains far up north has saved the life of a little motherless Racoon ... hes feeding him and hes growing very fond the new little friend, his only company for many years to come. He gives him the name "Keen".

He discovers that the little raccoon is very attracted to shiny things ... and soon hes training him to spot and bring him "shiny things" .

After 20 long years the war over the kings gold is finally over, but the land is ravaged and many once beautiful cities are a mass of sad ruins ... destroyed during the long war.

Now is the time when the old & still very greedy King Dalan is coming out of the mountains to hunt for the remains of his treasure, with the help of is little servant Keen.

I have a scene in mind, where the old king is examining a just found, huge treasure at a derelict monastery while sending his little servant to go on and find more. Dalan is very greedy and intent on getting back all of his treasure ( altough that is impossible, as most of it is lost and strewn all over the land ) ... in the scene he is barking a command at Keen to go on and find more. Keen is a little angry but he knows that his master loses his mind over gold so he doesnt take it too personally and dashes off hunting for new treasure.

the packhorse is called " aldieb " but im not sure if he will be part of the scene

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Hey Vahn, I'm learning german, but I'm not good enough yet, so I'll talk to you in English

I love those quick sketches of the king on the greeny background, I like his face there more than in the later colored sketches.
Its a bit strange that he points with his finger, it's as if he knows where to seek or it's like he is sending him away, but that's probably me, I don't know.

The sketches of the little girl with the 'Nutelle' are also fun to look at, especialy those on the yelow paper.
keep it up neighbour

And thx about my hand, It doesn't hurt so much anymore. Next time I'll kick instead of punch

later

04 April 2005
hehe well...he actually is sending him away...errmm there are more ruins and other parts of the monastery in that direction...so he vaguely just points that way...but thats not important...i just want him in a pose of giving a command to the Racoon and pointing with his finger here just states that hes sending him to go on and find more

hehe either that or u learn to draw with your foot

thx for the visit

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
You're right, I understand.

any time Vahn

04 April 2005
hehe nice idea and it's coming up nicely.
I would suggest to find a more dynamic pose for the little racoon.

The expression on the donkey is great.

Cheers!
Goro

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: mhhm fishy composition

i added a fish for walrus,put the saturation of the bandanas up a little bit and made it higher and wider again so the horse fits in and theres more clouds to draw :)

im coming close to my final composition altough im still not sure about the horse

C&C very welcome :D

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
goro do u have any suggestions ?

i could change the feet so he'd appear to run faster or i could make him more grumpy/angry and let him stalk away with hurt pride or something.... mhhhm I'll try....

but first ill work on the king ... i was thinkin about giving him a huge belt and maybe a golden dagger with some rubies he alrdy found somewhere

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: King Dalan

maybe something like this

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: the smiling racoon

im not happy with the racoon...

im working on new poses...these here are the old two

ill post more soon

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Yeah man ! I really prefer the second one!!
good pose and style! I love the side "funny" of the picture ...

My Journey Begins Challenge Thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328222

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: :)

haha i really like this one :)

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
hmmm actually i looks like a fat little cat .... but i like the pose

ill draw some more *sigh*

hoooooooraaaaaaaaay

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Hey man, this is really progressing very nice. I like that expression on the second post of your racoon, but i kinda dig the fat looking one. It adds some humour to it. The colours are blending well dude. I'll check back again later.

cheers

04 April 2005
Haha, I like the idea
The first racoon is more dynamic but, the fat one is somewhat funnier. Keep going.

Thread Closed share thread