Master and Servant 2D Entry: Guillaume Ospital

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #61
Coloring WIP: a small update

Just a small update.
First, I hid her lack of underwear :)
I also tried to narrow her eyes a little. Not sure this is better: I find that she looks somewhat weird now.
I started painting the boat. Well, it's actually almost finished, just lacking some little tweakings and details (moss?). Tell me what you think. Thank you :)

Old 05 May 2005   #62
Vahn: thank you Rim corrected

Poshspice: thank you
Unfortunately I don't do traditionnal animation but I really wish I could. Animation artists are a huge influence though

eparts: thanks
I see what you mean about her expression. This is an option I've been contemplating before I drew the girl, and I ultimately decided to go with something more like complicity. But I'll give a try at your idea, just to see what comes out of it.

Walrus & Arc80:
thank you for the comments
About the underwear... well, this is not something I actually gave much attention, but now that you mention it I can't help thinking you're right. I added a piece of fabric to hide this part and this turned out okay I think.

Virtuoso, the1st_angel:
thanks a lot for the cool comments

Old 05 May 2005   #63
Cool Brilliant

really love yor use of colour, its lovely. I also really like your linework. The concept is brilliant. I agree, tweaking the eyes has left a wierd expression, I personally preffered the earlier one.
Keep going though, its coming along nicely.

Check out mine and let me know what you think :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234420

All feedback very appreciated!!

Old 05 May 2005   #64
Talking

Nah, she looks cute. love your little redhead. specially her large pirate clothes rock. maybe, just maybe go for bigger gloves to keep the oversize style of her clothing, u know thos musketeer style of gloves... in manner of that clothing style, how bout a nice corsage?
as for the anatomical problem of the eyes, i dont think the eyes are the problem, mybe just move the nose/lips block slightly left, to refit the middleline of the face according to the positioning of her eyes? and... the ear slightly right so that should solve the headproportion troubles.
All suggestions are of course just my own point of view and a simple matter of taste. keep on rocking, love your piece!!!

Old 05 May 2005   #65
ooh, what a nice style you have! and great colouring on the boat! this is such an amazing pic. its just so alive. i feel as if im suppose to go in the direction she is telling me to go. but i dont wanna, cause then i wont be able to see the pic anymore. hehe.

Old 05 May 2005   #66
yeah! finally something different from naked ladies and big muscles monsters!!
ca dechire pas mal ca^^ c mimi comme tout et c super joli
en tout cas j'adore ce dessin. j'ai hate de le voir fini

allez hop au boulot!

Old 05 May 2005   #67
I love your style. I can't wait until i see the finished piece. It is good to see a piece that is not so dark compared to many of the other entries i've seen.

Old 05 May 2005   #68
Hey Crowly, i view you submission time ago and always want to found your thread again for post something, on the first sigth when i saw your illustration i was very impressed, i like a lot your line and style, but know i must to put in my list your coloring, nice work, i hope you will win something.
sorry if i don't say more about the concept, maybe have more time to see your entire challenge soon.

My best wishes

Last edited by Is-boset : 05 May 2005 at 12:10 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #69
haha!Love it.Looks so rich and fun.Stylin too.

Old 05 May 2005   #70
Beautiful image! I love the colors and stile too...!

keep posting

cheers: Kornél

Old 05 May 2005   #71
Great cartoon style, color use and design. I just love it!

Maybe add some wind in her hair?

Old 05 May 2005   #72
This is such a brilliantly fun piece to look at. So full of energy and magical wonder... the kid in me giggles every time I look at it. Amazing stuff. I also thought you MUST be an animator (I see a very similar 'style' in alot of the animators I work with)... great character design!

Keep it up.

Cheers!

I'm dancin' like a monkey!

Old 05 May 2005   #73
Coloring WIP: wip

This is not exactly the final format of the image, and many things are still in the work. The sky and clouds, and the water in particular. And the little lamp too.

Old 05 May 2005   #74
Coloring WIP: close-ups

Some close-ups of the parts I've been working on. I'm pretty happy with the boat and the blade of the sword (which still requires some tweakings but is mostly okay I think).
On the other hand, I'm not really sure I'm going in the right direction with the flag and Octo's mouth, so if you have any comment...
I still have lots of things to do, but hopefully I'll be done by the end of the week.

Old 05 May 2005   #75
demonicoz, Mordalles, yznah, Kalomus, Is-boset, Johnlittle, kornel, artjunkie: thanks a lot to all of you. Such a cool feedback is really appreciated.

the1st_angel: you're sooo right about the ear and the way I could modify the whole face. Thanks a lot for the advices
And for the huge gloves... well, I do like huge gloves, believe me. This is something I tried at the beginning, but it didn't really fit in the composition.

Art2: that's a great suggestion. I feel stupid not to have thought about this before. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by crowley : 05 May 2005 at 09:01 PM.

Thread Closed share thread