Master and Servant 2D Entry: Guillaume Ospital

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #16
Originally Posted by crowley: Ho my. Both Duddlebug and Poshspice (a Gaiman and Pratchett reader hm? ) answering my tiny thread. This forum definitively lacks a faint smiley. Thank you!

It may be tiny (at the moment!), but it's perfectly formed! Your characters have heaps of personality! And I really look forward to where your ideas go! I like the pirate girl with her big hat! And yes, I have read 'Good Omens'...

Old 04 April 2005   #17
Concept Sketch: mister octopus

Ho boy, has it really been a week? Hopefully, the line art will be done soon and I'll finally be able to start adding color. Seeing all the wonderful color work in other threads is really inspiring and motivating. But I guess that's the point :)

I'm finally getting close to the final design of Mister Octopus (if anybody comes up with a better name, let me know :). The... err... thing on its head is pretty rough and still needs some tweaking/details/stuff but I'm quite happy with it.
The octopus itself also needs tweaking: I'm not sure at all one feels any speed in its posture, which is odd since there are big waves behind him. Yeah, those are waves. Kinda. Just there for testing purpose.

Any comment/critic/advice is most welcome. Thank you :)

Old 04 April 2005   #18
Your last coloured sketch is really funny !
Nothing to be crit for the moment
Keep going on

Old 04 April 2005   #19
Hahaha... the octopus with the boat on his head is hilarious!

I love the cartoony feel... the irregular eyes... the big mouth... the BiG waves...

As far as the overall composition goes, i think it'd be worth moving him right a bit though (i dunno whether this is your composition or just a shot to show the octopus). He's a bit too central at the moment...

Can't wait to see you get into the colour. Are you going to use Photoshop? Or illustrator?

Old 04 April 2005   #20
Cool woow....

hi...
really very very very funy and succesful drawings....

Old 04 April 2005   #21
your style is really good... i love this stuff. can just see the action in the few simple lines you have drawn... and the pirate girl is ace.. pirates rock! nought to crt.. just keep it coming...

and i have seen you in my thread lurking about for ages you stealth ninja you... no comments for me?

Old 04 April 2005   #22
That is an enjoyable scene. Really like the over/under water view.

Old 04 April 2005   #23
hehe i like your style ... im gonna watch this

will u show more sky/clouds or will u stick to a wide format ?

Sketchbook

Old 04 April 2005   #24
Lightbulb Octopus... Born to speed speed

Hi William !

Here I am to help you as I can for your speed problem !
At first, you design is pretty good ans it looks fun cartoon with just enought details on th pretty little chicky pirates woman.
About your last design : (As you know, I'm a little 3D animator mix with drummer and 2D drawer)... and your wave is incline to push the litlle Pussy named "Pulpy" to the left of the field. So incline just a little bit "Pulpy" in this direction , the boat on the other side and with your Woman showing the left too but bent to the right, you will have a big bent force line. Is that really clear for you. It will be like a Indiana Jones'whip in action...
You will have more stuff like a take "in action".

Regards little big boy.

Teebo

Old 04 April 2005   #25
Talking This rocks!

First of all... this picture rules.. I feel warm every time I see it !!

I've printed it off and shown it around the office and here are some of the names we have come up with.. lol, you are not obliged to pick any of these

*H.M.S manylegs
*H.M.S whipdiddle (lol)
*Colin... lol
*Colin's mum... (enough) :
*Sea-servant
*In the Navy
*Voyage of 8
*Dude where's my boat?
*Strap-on-scurvy
*Rocktopus
*Return of the, oh wait, no way, you're kidding... he didn't just pull in on a humongous octopus did he?

lol... feel the love
Jimmi

.--=*MY MasterANDservanT 2D*=--.

Old 04 April 2005   #26
nice character sketchs! nice starting!
good luck

Old 04 April 2005   #27
looks fun!

i'll have to keep an eye on this one. its always nice to see some sillyness.

Old 04 April 2005   #28
regards

ei man, i like this drawing. The concept is realy original so and the style. The character is very plastic and with good outfit, i'm interested what going to be the final composition, and collaboration in the scene. At this stage of work it looks very nice, i'm eager to see the final solution...

Old 04 April 2005   #29
Line Art: line

I finally found some time to finish the line. I wanted to post it last week-end, but I shamefully failed.
I'm not really happy with the line, because it still got some serious visual issues, but I guess I'll have to deal with them while coloring. Ho well.

Old 04 April 2005   #30
Line Art: final (?) comp

The "final" composition. In the background, really badly and quickly drawn, is an island. I didn't want to show ground at first, but now I'm wondering. I you have any advice or comment or critic about that, or anything else, feel free to tell me. Thank you for dropping by :)

Ho, and I forgot: the flying things that look like dead levitating cut-in-half muffins are clouds. I swear.

Thread Closed share thread