Master and Servant 2D Entry: Eric Browning

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: size change, details

Reduced size of robot, worked more on the general robottiness of it.

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by ebrowning: W!L You'd have to have been raised in America I think to understand how much we enjoy hearing anybody from England, Australia, Ireland or Scotland (or Wales, or New Zealand or South Africa too I guess) talk. So when you guys say things like "mate", well, it just sounds cool. And I'm probably uncool for mentioning it.

I have to watch that futurama episode- Evil Gerbil mentioned it too.

Hey just read evil gerbils post where he mentioned the episode of futurama, crazy! great minds think alike. My accent is kind of strange now, more international.. i was born in london, got a london accent then moved to posh hampshire, then when i was 17 moved right on the other side of the world to new zealand (funnily enough) and lived there for two years, which really softened my accent and gave it a wierd twang at the end of every sentence. now i live up north of england near the city of York (the original and old) and am starting to get a bit of a northern accent. And now i am in the middle of getting a canadian visa to come and live there so who knows... tune in next week for more tales of extremly boring crap.

04 April 2005
i like the reduced size by the way.

04 April 2005
Quote: Only for you, Walrus!

Aw, shucks!
Anyhow, I think it's working well now! Now to get back to the renderring... :-)

-mike

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: work on robot

Values on robot need more work, will do that next and finish him. I hope.

04 April 2005
what ever you do it will be great... your last pic was my favouirte on grand space opera.. i do not lie... i think it would have one had it not been for the fact that it was slightly off target of grand... but this here is spot on target, and looking greta... can not wait to see finale. Will be voting!

04 April 2005
Talking

its great! i love the background, and the colours are great! isnt a robot a bit too dark for a sunny day?

04 April 2005
love the textures man. I personally think it needs a little bit more drama.

04 April 2005
It's looking great! The bit of rusty dirt texture you can see on his outer thigh is just awesome!

04 April 2005
this is very nice mate,just a thought,the color scheme u have for the kneeling mech seems to me like its actually in a night scene ,it actually makes me think of a night environment due to the blueish and yellowish hues that cast onto the mech.for now,i'm not sure if the color of the mech fits the morning bright environment~maybe its just mei'd love to see this work till the end of it~

04 April 2005
Thumbs up Wow

I love your Grand Space Opera very much and I'm sure this one will look amazing when it's finished. best of luck

04 April 2005
Coming along well. I really like the idea - certainly among the best I've seen

04 April 2005
from the lighting on the dormant robot... it seems like ur headign towards a sunset theme.. i think this is great ive had a real issue with the sky and the background... this could definetly help especially with the new intimace found with the new compo

keep it up

04 April 2005
Amazing how a little toolin' around with the composition can make a huge difference and make it 'feel' so much more comfortable. I like!!!

Great work on the robot too! Machinery & robots are things I don't illustrate too much (tried during the Machine Flesh Challenge), so I'm just amazed to watch how you build up its metalic shapes, hues and textures. Great stuff!

I rather like the fact that the dead human (more specifically, his skull) seems to approximate the cold steely face of the robot! Nice subtle dynamism there...

Keep going! I'm really lovin' this piece. Can't wait for more updates!

Cheers!

I'm dancin' like a monkey!

04 April 2005
i wont crit just for the sake of it! this looks great, i really like the bright and clean looking world in which itis set.
good work!

*impulsive twitch* seagulls

Thread Closed share thread